Hey I'm a relatively new user with blackberrys, I just got rid of my windows ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mehal88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question String messages

Advertisement

Hey I'm a relatively new user with blackberrys, I just got rid of my windows smartphone and got a pearl about 6 weeks ago and have loved it so far. I use sms text alot, and I saw that the string of past replies show up when you read a new message, which I love. I was wondering if there was a way that instead of keeping the old messages, the OS would just leave the most recent message from each person. That way, instead of having the same message from a few days/weeks ago saved in about 30 messages, you just have the most recent one, which has all correspondences. If anyone here uses Gmail, you might understand what I mean. Is there any way that this is possible, other than deleting all the older messages? Sorry for the ambiguity, I just wasn't sure how to phrase the question.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: String messages

welcome to the stacks...

-options
    -SMS Text
    -Scroll down - number of previous items

Good Luck!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

mehal88 no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah i saw that, but in that case i would have to keep deleting the old messages, i just wasnt sure if there was a way that it would delete the old message by itself so in a way... it just shows a simple "conversation" between you and that person. Basically, I want what gmail does, where it just groups everything in that thread together, so you dont have many messages for the same person, just one really long one. thanks though.

dmrooney66 no está en línea Stack level 1

I too would love this feature. Was a Treo 600 user for years and loved the way it organized sms threads as though each was it's own instant messaging chat. Very easy to access, reply and send new messages to people you frequently text back and forth. Now that I'm on the BB curve, I'd love to know if there is any way to cheat this. Or at least any tips on how to text someone without having to go into the menu and going through the whole "compose sms text" schtick.