On my Verizon 8830, have had it for about 3+ weeks (yes, I'm a BB ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Vfdmaniac no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Strange RIM Emails

On my Verizon 8830, have had it for about 3+ weeks (yes, I'm a BB newbie), I'll receive emails on my PC and BB from RIM that say:
    "This message is used to carry data between the Blackberry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

Then in the text body, there's varying amounts of characters. What's going on here? The messages on both the BB and my PC go away after a few days. The last messages received have a document symbol instead of the the envelope symbol - can I delete those? Should I open or not open these messages when I receive them?

There's no BES - just Redirector and BB, am using Windows XP. The only problems I noticed were that my last emails being sent from my BB did not send for a few days....then I connected it up to the PC, poked around in Desktop Manager (but didn't change anything) and voila! - Emails got sent. Go figure.
    Am I suppose to connect to Desktop Manager whenever I get these RIM emails?

Thank You for your help!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Strange RIM Emails

You set up for BES without a BES server. Wipe the device, reinstall Desktop Manager and make sure you're set up for Internet service, NOT Enterprise service. There's no Reidirector with Internet service.

Enterprise service requires an Enterprise mail server.

Re: Strange RIM Emails

I did not set up enterprise services and I got the same message when I first configured BIS. I think for large bus BIS knows that the client has a BES and tries to take adavantage of that by sending these encrypted messages. Just a thought