Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is the OS showing in control panel/Add&Remove programs? I hve in the past had the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Is the OS showing in control panel/Add&Remove programs? I hve in the past had the device software need to be re-installed after deleting and reinstalling the DM
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    have you ever upgraded your device before? if so, make sure you remove all of the previous versions thru your PC control panel.
    if it doesn't show up under the help/about DM then it isn't installed on your PC. but ... bc you said you deleted the vendor.xml file, im wondering what OS you did this to?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried going with an older version of desktop manager? Seem to be alot of people having issues with the .7.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've never upgrade before. First time. And I'm attempting using the VZW 4.5os.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you look in the pc control panel under add/remove software to see if the OS is indeed installed?

my guess would be to uninstall DM 4.7 and roll back to 4.5.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    With Vers 4.5.0.101, Ihad to leave IN the vendor file! This is not the upgrade for VZW, but it worked great anyway! I know this is backazzwards from every other upgrade, but I won.t complain...BTW I also use DM 4.7

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm actually having this same issue with my Bold upgrading to .190. I'm sure if I try all of the things listed I'll get it figured out but 4.7 definitely isn't as easy as 4.6 was to upgrade with.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Take Cherri's advice first to make sure the OS is even there. If it is, do a search on your PC for another vendor.xml file, but make sure you also search "hidden" folders, per the instructions in RedNightHawk's link.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    did you look in the pc control panel under add/remove software to see if the OS is indeed installed?

my guess would be to uninstall DM 4.7 and roll back to 4.5.
    I checked after reinstalling the dm. Your right. It was gone. I'm reinstalling the os right now. Lets hope. If not I'll try dm4.5. And reinstall the os on my comp
    ; )

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    With Vers 4.5.0.101, Ihad to leave IN the vendor file! This is not the upgrade for VZW, but it worked great anyway! I know this is backazzwards from every other upgrade, but I won.t complain...BTW I also use DM 4.7
    interesting. i've also seen some reports that the upgrade worked without deleting the vendor.xml file, tho not sure what carrier/device/etc.

::edit:: im bowing out gracefully from this thread looks like you have enough help

Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    I checked after reinstalling the dm. Your right. It was gone. I'm reinstalling the os right now. Lets hope. If not I'll try dm4.5. And reinstall the os on my comp
    ; )
    That's happened to me before as well. Once you've installed the OS, do that search of the PC for the possibility of multiple instances of the vendor.xml file.

Ok now it is reading it in the help/about DM. But did not prompt to install among dm start up.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    interesting. i've also seen some reports that the upgrade worked without deleting the vendor.xml file, tho not sure what carrier/device/etc.

::edit:: im bowing out gracefully from this thread looks like you have enough help
    I'll say!

Many hands make light work!

I'm going to uninstall. Download dm v4.5. Get the os again and try this again. If it doesn't work. I quit. Guess I'll have to wait for Sprint to get off of their a**'s.

Did you search for and delete all vendor.xml files?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast