Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I downloaded dm 4.7 and VZW's 4.5os. I followed Hayden's instructions exact. Deleted the Vendor.xml. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

Starting to get a little pissed here....

Advertisement

I downloaded dm 4.7 and VZW's 4.5os. I followed Hayden's instructions exact. Deleted the Vendor.xml. I open up the DM and it doesnt recognize an update available. How can I put this 4.5os on my Blackberry!!?!?!?!??!?! I've tried this twice now. I've reinstalled stuff. Rebooted the computer. And nothing!! Please give me a hand someone.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Are you sure you downloaded the right OS? Its happened to the best of us. Add my pin for help one on one ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I am trying to use vzw's 8330 4.5os for my sprint 8330. But I did delete the vendor.xml

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Be sure an run/install upgrade by clicking on the exec icon it downloaded. Go through the whole procedure, then delete vendor file. After deleting, put it in start/search again to insure that it's gone.
    Usb bb, then open DM. It should ask if you want to install upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Be sure an run/install upgrade by clicking on the exec icon it downloaded. Go through the whole procedure, then delete vendor file. After deleting, put it in start/search again to insure that it's gone.
    Usb bb, then open DM. It should ask if you want to install upgrade
    I did all of that. It doesnt recognize that it is on my computer.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    In the DM, is "Check for updates" set to auto detect? Click on check for updates then click on the little gear icon in the upper right corner, deselect the option and click OK. Then close the DM, hook up your BB and try again. You may need to restart your PC or even delete and re-install the DM without that option selected. I have read that this causes problems.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I went through this last night with my 8120 for 7 freaking hours and still no upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    In the DM, is "Check for updates" set to auto detect? Click on check for updates then click on the little gear icon in the upper right corner, deselect the option and click OK. Then close the DM, hook up your BB and try again. You may need to restart your PC or even delete and re-install the DM without that option selected. I have read that this causes problems.
    After I re-downloaded the OS and deleting the vendor file, I tried this. Restarted my comp too. Nothing. I'm starting to go insane. Isn't there a way to make the dm notice the os?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    what version desktop manager are you using?

V4.7 Does it matter if it's with the media manager or not? I wouldn't think so.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, so instead of the old skool way of it popping up with the update, click application loader and attempt to 'load an app' .. does it list the OS in your list of applications to be installed?

also, does the OS show up in help/about DM/device software?

I'll take a look in a few here. I decided to reinstall the DM. For some reason thinking it will work.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Take a look at this post, the instructions are a little different than I remembered. Try it: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...1&postcount=64
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i would do what cherri suggests...use application loader and it should tell u to upgrade when u try to update or add a new app depending on what DM version u have.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ok, so instead of the old skool way of it popping up with the update, click application loader and attempt to 'load an app' .. does it list the OS in your list of applications to be installed?

also, does the OS show up in help/about DM/device software?
    Doesn't show up in the application loader. And doesn't show up in the help/about DM/device software. I also didnt check the auto updates box when installing the dm.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast