Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello! Does anyone know WHEN Sprint will get an official 4.5 handheld upgrade for the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Dadominican no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint 8830 & 8330 OS 4.5 Upgrade

Advertisement

Hello! Does anyone know WHEN Sprint will get an official 4.5 handheld upgrade for the 8830 and the 8330?
    Is it safe to download another carriers version if they have it or should I just wait?
    Id appreaciate any help on this....

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can download any carriers version and it should work. Just make sure to delete the 'vendor.xml' file before running DM.

Dadominican no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you very much!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Also make sure that you get the CDMA one and not the GSM as this will not work. I am running the 4.5 verson that was posted and loving it on my 8330.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    can someone plz send me a link to how to upgrade and where do i get the file. Plz dummify it for me..

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Charlie, upgrade instructions are here.

OS link is here.

Good luck!

PIN/ID
    skdck
    thx rogro.
    Okay i will back up my phone first. Now, if all else fails, then i will be able to restore, right??

PIN/ID
    skdck
    okay, im lost. This is BB desktop software 4.5. BKA desktop manager. I dont need that. I have 4.6. Im talking about OS 4.5.

Okay, another problem.. I have the 8330 model. I dont see that on the list. Any work-around, or should i wait?
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 09-03-2008 at 11:05 PM.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    well, thx. I think ill wait. Too much of a hassle for me. Also, when i did a search, i saw threads where people had problems with the os's.

coloneludatank no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the 4.5 os on my sprint 8830 and it was cool at 1st to show off to a couple of friends at work but then, I started experiencing lockups and my system shuts off and reboots on its own. Also sometimes when I try to watch videos from youtube my mediaplayer does not support that format so I have to do a battery pull so it works. Also, when I plug my phone into my 4.5 dsktp mngr it recognizes the phone but when I try to put a 4.5 theme on my phone it says it has a fatal error and the phone reboots on its own. Also in order for me to get the pics in my email I have to open the Menu and click on get images to get them. I have re-sent the service books like in previous posts and nothing has changed. Finally the sprint TV only works when it wants to like when you go to the free channels and you click on the folder and wait for the video it tells me that the server cannot be reached 99.9% of the time.

4.5 was cool on the 1st day but it has been not worth it at all in the end!

PIN/ID
    skdck
    well, more of a reason for me not to upgrade until the official release.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I just did 3 8330 upgrades today (.66 OS) and didn't have any problems with the install or the restoring of the backups. To my friends, i've become a BB rockstar!!!!!

PIN/ID
    skdck
    As bad as i want to do it. I dont want to deal with the cons of the upgrade to a beta. What i need my BB to do, it does with no problem.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've expirenced a few different issues with a few different versions of 4.5

The thing is, is that after you update your OS you look quicky through notice everything is still there etc no issues blah blah blah and then when you're on the road and you're actually checking out everything you'll start to notice/expirence different hangups for example in .77 when i took a picture at night the phone would freeze and the picture never came out... in .56 i think it was when you played brick breaker with the volume up the phone power cycled..

sprint navigation was a little unresponsive...

im actually doing a format and going back to the official 4.3 release for now.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only issues I've found that are constant with the 4.5 betas on the 8330's is that the phone will sometimes reboot upon playing a YouTube video. The music player sometimes get stuck on Shuffle Songs and you have to hit N to go to the next song, and 4.5.0.77 will sometimes start a call on speakerphone then switch to the bluetooth headset within a second. Other than that, I like it. Minor freezes with the browser when it tries to connect to a site. Not worth going back to 4.3. I love the HTML email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast