Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am having a ton of problems with my Pearl. I have heard that getting ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Stunray no está en línea Stack level 2

Software Update help

Advertisement

I am having a ton of problems with my Pearl. I have heard that getting the software update for the phone can fix some problems that the track ball has, but I can't find where to download the software update anywhere. I found the Desktop Manager & downloaded that, but where exactly is the latest software update?

Also, does this software update make it possible to watch YouTube videos with the data plan?

Thanks for your help.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello Stunray!

If you click on the FAQ link in my signature, you'll find a thread for the latest OS's for each device.

Which version of the Desktop Manager did you download?

Yes, with a 4.5 OS upgrade (if that's what you're referring to) you will be able to stream YouTube videos!

Let us know if you have other questions or need additional assistance.

Regards,
    Roger

PS: You'll also find a thread in that same link with instructions for upgrading.

I have the latest version, I think. 4.7 or something like that. I will check the FAQ now. Thank you.

Ok, either I'm blind or you don't have a signature.

Sorry, I'm a newbie to the site lol.

I'd recommend you uninstall that 4.7 DM and go for the 4.6 instead. Lots of people have had issues with it, some of which have been reported to Research In Motion. 4.6 is pretty solid.

Good luck!
    Roger

Here's the direct link to the OS thread.

Frequently Asked Device Questions is what I was referring to, sorry!

Am I mistaken or is their not a 4.5 update for the Pearl 8100 for T-Mobile?
    (:

Yes, you are mistaken!

You can use any carrier's OS for your device as long as it is for your device.

Download and install this OS (4.5.0.102) from Rogers Wireless (select your 8100 from the dropdown menu), then follow these instructions and you'll be fine!

Cool. Thanks for the help.

Do you think this software update will fix the problems with my trackball? I am currently not able to move it to the left.
    (:

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Go to link below, click on MyTmobile. Drop in your info and then go to device software link. Welcome to the Stacks
    http://www.t-mobile.com/500.aspx?asp...=/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Stunray View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the help.

Do you think this software update will fix the problems with my trackball? I am currently not able to move it to the left.
    That I couldn't tell you. Usually trackball issues are hardware related, or caused by sediment getting in or behind the mechanism. If someone doesn't get to it before I do, I'll search around for a thread on how to remove and clean your trackball. You might also end up needing to replace it.

Berryadict has a lot of experience with trackballs, I believe, so he could be of assistance to you as well!

Well I have taken it out & cleaned behind it & the trackball itself, carefully of course. If it is a hardware issue would the trackball be the only thing I need to replace, or would I have to replace the whole phone?
    (:

Quote Originally Posted by Stunray View Post
    Well I have taken it out & cleaned behind it & the trackball itself, carefully of course. If it is a hardware issue would the trackball be the only thing I need to replace, or would I have to replace the whole phone?
    That's not my area of expertise, so someone else will have to chime in on that, but I don't think it would necessitate a whole new device, unless of course you're still under warranty or have insurance, in which case you could get a replacement device!

Nah, it's not under warranty. Actually these problems started during the last week of my warranty and I was stupid enough to not call until 3 days after it expired (unknowingly).

Okay, well the software update is almost finished downloading. Thank you for all of your help so far and I will let you know the result.
    (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast