So I took the plunge and loaded the new 4.5 software to my 8100 on ... RIM Handheld OS forum

waterwerks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ACA370

so who else is running v4.5.0.81

Advertisement

So I took the plunge and loaded the new 4.5 software to my 8100 on Sunday night. It loaded right up and there have been zero issues so far. The only thing that will not work that I had on the phone prior was the Colorpearl program.

Everything is actually loading a little faster the the old 4.2 Rodgers load I was using. The new media player skin is nice and the overall updated programs that have been updated to 4.5 are all really nice.

If you don't have the link for the new software I will post it up when I get home and am on my laptop.

Cheers!
    Last edited by waterwerks; 10-15-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwerks View Post
    So I took the plunge and loaded the new 4.5 software on sunday night. It loaded right up and there have been zero issues so far. The only thing that will not work that I had on the phone prior was the colorpearl program.

Everything is actually loading a little faster the the old 4.2 Rodgers load I was using. The new media player skin is nice and the overall updated programs that have been updated to 4.5 are all really nice.

If you don't have the link for the new software I will post it up when I get home and am on my laptop.

Cheers!
    Me too! I loaded it yesterday on my BB Pearl 8100. So far, so good. One interesting note: I was running a slightly older version of 4.5,,, I think it was the .55 build. HTML e-mail didn't work on the older build, even though it said it was enabled. Since "upgrading" yesterday to .81 I finally have HTML mail, images and all. Yahoo!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah .81 is nice. I'm on .93 right now and it's even smoother than .81 IMO. I have a very high quality GOW2 vid on my phone and it would chug on 4.2, on 4.5.0.93 it's smooth as butter
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Running 4.5.0.81, no problems here, I'm loving the video camera and the ability to support larger Micro SD memory cards!