Again? So I updated a few days ago, and left it on for maybe an ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ahopnova no está en línea Stack level 2

Should I update to 4.5?

Advertisement

Again?

So I updated a few days ago, and left it on for maybe an hr. I have an 8100 on TMobile, and I found that I had tremendous issues with the 4.5. My phone was incredibly slow, it would reboot itself frequently, and just all in all it didn't seem beneficial. However, now that the new 4.25 BIS is up, I am intrigued to do this again. Has anyone with a pearl and tmobile been able to upgrade their OS successfully and without issues? any advice/support would be greatly appreciated!

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ahopnova View Post
    Again?

So I updated a few days ago, and left it on for maybe an hr. I have an 8100 on TMobile, and I found that I had tremendous issues with the 4.5. My phone was incredibly slow, it would reboot itself frequently, and just all in all it didn't seem beneficial. However, now that the new 4.25 BIS is up, I am intrigued to do this again. Has anyone with a pearl and tmobile been able to upgrade their OS successfully and without issues? any advice/support would be greatly appreciated!
    yes, I helped DataCentre(or somethn like that) from this forum and his 8100 is running PERFECT.... I suggest you wipe your phone completely, then install the new OS...

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    This is just My opinion, but I will not switch till the 4.5 is stable and all bugs and quirks have been worked out...to much to mess w/. I love change and adventure...but I also love having a fully functional BB device w/ no headaches to contend w/. Like I said, just an opinion....good luck w/your choice.

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Refer to this link for a very similar discussion:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=78301

ahopnova no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    yes, I helped DataCentre(or somethn like that) from this forum and his 8100 is running PERFECT.... I suggest you wipe your phone completely, then install the new OS...
    which version of 4.5 is he running, and how can i go about DLing it? do I wipe my phone clean with DM?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    You also have to think about current application compatibility. Not everything you currently have on your BB might work with the new OS since the applications don't have the proper version and coding to work with it.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    You also have to think about current application compatibility. Not everything you currently have on your BB might work with the new OS since the applications don't have the proper version and coding to work with it.

Great point, Lucky13mt!!! Several post have been made on this issue...it's always good to research the dive before you jump.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Agreed, I think that's a major factor in the problems with the 4.5 builds that people don't realize at all when they run into issues. A lot immediately blame it on RIM and complain that they need to reevaluate their whole beta 'program'. I find it hilarious most times.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Agreed, I think that's a major factor in the problems with the 4.5 builds that people don't realize at all when they run into issues. A lot immediately blame it on RIM and complain that they need to reevaluate their whole beta 'program'. I find it hilarious most times.

I guess that what this forum is use for too help people that have problems right.. I like this forum because everyone help everyone out right..

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by ahopnova View Post
    Again?

I still have my old Pearl 8100 and was able to successfully install the .37 build on it with no problems. My main BB is the Curve 8320 though and that is running the .46 build.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)