i was just about to upgrade my 8310 to 4.5 (att) to see how it..But ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow should i or should i not

Advertisement

i was just about to upgrade my 8310 to 4.5 (att) to see how it..But iam soon going to send my phone in because it has been acting weird lately and iam still under warenty.....ive heard if i upgrade my phone to 4.5 it will void my warrenty.... is this true should i not try the new OS or does it not matter and i should just downgrade it to 4.2.2 again when i call and send it in??? just want to make sure before i take the step

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    maybe the upgrade will solve you issues with the phone, and yea you can always downgradew if you decide to send it in. go for it, it only takes like 20-25 mins to do
    phatman the phat stacker!

my phone keeps vibrating and blinking red to inform me i got a sms but i dont seem to see them anywhere ...anybody had this problem be4?? cant find anything on that

hailz no está en línea Stack level 1
    did you get an email instead?

Quote Originally Posted by hailz View Post
    did you get an email instead?
    nope checked everything

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    I just talked to Tmobile last night about this and he told me that if you upgrade then yes it voids your warranty and they won't do anything about it. But you can upgrade then downgrade it's easy. I have a BB pearl that I bought off CRAIGSLIST so it's not on any warranty but I have a nokia 5300 Xpress Music that is under warranty and I just had that one replaced.

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you check your Blackberry Messenger list? Perhaps someone is sending you a message there or maybe a PIN message? Any appointments in your calendar or To Do lists?
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72

BB_Masta no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash07 View Post
    i was just about to upgrade my 8310 to 4.5 (att) to see how it..But iam soon going to send my phone in because it has been acting weird lately and iam still under warenty.....ive heard if i upgrade my phone to 4.5 it will void my warrenty.... is this true should i not try the new OS or does it not matter and i should just downgrade it to 4.2.2 again when i call and send it in??? just want to make sure before i take the step
    I got this info from another thread, but try the RIM released 4.5OS from Orange Romania, (I think it was Orange Romania anyways :P Orange something or other...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash07 View Post
    my phone keeps vibrating and blinking red to inform me i got a sms but i dont seem to see them anywhere ...anybody had this problem be4?? cant find anything on that
    Have you checked your memory level? Sometimes when its low, your BB will self delete sms or call logs without warning you. Options/Status and what's your file free amount when that happens?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im AT&T also, and I installed the 4.5 and do not regret it at all. Like everyone has stated, you can always re-install your original OS if you're not satisfied.