Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

o so i need some serious help here, im trying to upgrade to .93 but ... RIM Handheld OS forum

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c

serious issue

Advertisement

o so i need some serious help here, im trying to upgrade to .93 but for some reason the dm wont pick up the upgrade. now the funny thing is wen i try to even install any new apps or themes, the dm doesnt even show me the usual core software. o and yes i ahve removed the vendor file, its pissing offfff royally, help if ya can

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    so no help for my problem I see~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you deleted the vendor file, as you said, have you made sure that you got the OS for your specific device. Did you remove the previously installed OS from your p-c? I assume that you got a good download with no errors, etc. and the DM DOES recognize the device. We may need a little more info to help you.

Have you checked this update list to make sure that you followed all the instruction correctly? Since I don't know your experience I have to ask some basic questions and make basic assumptions.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    yea im sure i downloaded the right one for my device, the DM does recognize my device but it doesnt pick up the update, i did deleted the old os from my comp b4 doing anything and it still doesnt pick it up, wat i did now was deleted everything off my comp and are re-installing at the moment, i will def get back to u if it still fails, thanks for the help

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by staytru View Post
    ........... deleted everything off my comp and are re-installing at the moment, i will def get back to u if it still fails, thanks for the help
    Post back if you have problems and we'll try to help.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    yup def problems, u even tried to go back to factory os and the DM didnt even pick that up, i think its the version of DM that im running with vista, probably a bug, ill try DM 4.5 and see if that works, any suggestions are welcome still

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    o and one more thing i found out also today, i cant use any themes other the the orignal zen theme, i tried downloading other zen themes and they dont work either, i think i might need a new BB, as they say third times a charm:cry:

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you deleted any old OS that you had on your PC?

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    i removed everything blackberry and started fresh

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    So you deleted DM as well as the OS then went into program files and deleted all RIM traces?

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    sir yes sir, im kinda cpu nut, but dont kno wat the hell is wrong with the precious BB

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just for fun go get DM 4.6 and instal it.

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    thats the one that stopped working for me, so im thinking about going back to 4.5, i honestly think that its this damn vista system

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I haven't had trouble with Vista and the only thing different is i am 8330. Have you tried going back to your old OS and starting fresh. I am just going thru the things that helped me fix mine very basic.

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    yea thats the thing the DM doesnt even pick up the OS which is y im having trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast