Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This really isnt being talked about, as far as I know, right now. Bugs are ... RIM Handheld OS forum

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Re: Screen shots of new 4.2 OS for 8700 BlackBerry!

Advertisement

This really isnt being talked about, as far as I know, right now. Bugs are being worked out. But all I can say is "soon"...

Look for this on an unmentioned GSM provider first.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...ok, my fingers are itching to install something. It might as well be 4.2!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!
    Exactly what I wanted
    - voice notes
    - GPS

I got a bluetooth puck ready to be used.

WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED????

STOP BEING GREEDY WITH THE INFO- LOL

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have heard it will be released at the middle to end of October. I don't know how reliable this is, as it is like 4th or 5th hand info, but ya never know. I heard from a friend, who knows a guy who works for T-Mobile, who found out from someone higher up in the company, who has contact at RIM, who he asked about the release. So like I said, I don't know what exactly was said or how much it changed by the time it got to me, but I guess all we can do at this point is cross our fingers and wait.

reemberry no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~here's a quick question. When it says "adds GPS support" does that mean it enables some dormant GPS capability? Or it just adds that map program to the the OS? Also if it does awaken a GPS feature, does that mean you don't need to buy a additional GPS device to link the blackberry via blue-tooth?

jibi no está en línea Stack level 2

Unless they have done a lot of development on the OS, don't expect this to be out next month. I'd think it'd be most likely in late November to December, at the earliest. There are a LOT of bugs.

reemberry, all handhelds have location-based services enabled on the device, typically for 911 services only. When enabled and used in coordination with a bluetooth GPS device, the mapping program on the handheld will turn into a full-fledged turn-by-turn GPS device.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

When you hear PUSH TO TALK or PTT please remember that cingular has PTT also not just nextel. Since nextel only has the 7100i and the other old brick BB I dont really see any Nextel BB getting the 4.2 upgrade sorry to burst your bubble. There will be a new sprint 8703 that you can load you 4.2 OS on but as far as the 7100i I dont think we will ever see the days of 4.2 working on the 7100i
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Nice info.

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Does anybody know what will be nextels future on Blackberry phones and will they ever come out with a new querty keyboard

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

TMobile, by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie8
    Does anybody know what will be nextels future on Blackberry phones and will they ever come out with a new querty keyboard
    Personally speaking, I think the future of iDEN BlackBerry handhelds all depends on the success of the device in Japan from NTT DoCoMo. I don't think we'll see another handheld available from Nextel until a converged device is released from the mothership, but that is just market speculation. Sprint recently spent a LOT of money on business region wireless spectrums for the future of their devices, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    TMobile, by the end of the year.
    I think a lot of people have speculated this time frame, although I do know that T-Mobile is not going to release an unstable beta. I've personally found enough bugs in early versions of OS 4.2 for the 8700 that would leave this version off the market (unless a carrier just wanted to shoot themselves in the foot). We may see this from an Asian carrier first. But from what I have on my phone right now, this is a long, LONG way from release. T-Mobile just started beta testing this version of the OS in the last week or two, just so you know - two months away for stable RTM release for a North American carrier is being a bit optimistic.

Also, T-Mobile has been testing an update to 4.1 (according to my resources), so that's food for thought. They may scrap that release in favor of OS 4.2, though; however, they were darn near close to releasing that 4.1 version...

Optimistic: Nov/Dec 2006
    Realistic: Jan/Feb 2007
    Downright Ridiculous: Q2 2007

rrsarge no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040AD56

Thanks for the info jibi! Good info.

murphgal no está en línea Stack level 1

FYI the 4.2 hhsw(handheld software) is also causing problems with people wanting to put it on the 7100i from nextel and they also been trying to use it with the 4.1 dtm(desktop manager) which will not work it will cause problems. Keep in mind you want to use the same version dtm as hhsw. the different platforms can cause conflicts when trying to use a different version of one with the other.The new 4.2 dtm is very nice however, and i am also waiting for the 4.2 hhsw i think it will be great as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast