Yup. Downloaded this. Installed it. Plugged my 8900 into the computer. Loaded DM.... And what ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Thumbs down Rogers Finally releases OS 4.6.1.94 and then....

Advertisement

Yup. Downloaded this. Installed it. Plugged my 8900 into the computer. Loaded DM.... And what to my bloodshot eyes should appear|?? Not St. Nick! And no frickern reindeer!!

Nope... What appeared before my eyes was.......

Does this look familiar to BOLD owners? RIM thought this bug was so impressive for BOLD owners that they left it in the 4.6 OS for Curve 8900 owners.... Thanks RIM.... I needed this frustration!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    is the issue the additional languages? sorry maybe im clueless here

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yes cherri, the issue is those languages :P
    On Rogers Bolds whenever youd plug in your phone it would come up asking you to update those languages. Go figure. I always just dismissed it.
    In this case just update them as youre updating 4.6 then take them off of your device from the setup wizard

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It comes up every time. Even after removing them, updating them, and removing them.... It comes up EVERY time I plug in. Same as my Bold.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Ranx.... You bought a Storm?? You must be addicted....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    oooooh!!! it didn't register til you said that! does the same darn thing on the flip

must be a 4.6 issue. and i've updated this pearl several times.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    It has to be a bug in OS 4.6....

alfonz no está en línea Stack level 1
    It could be a bug in the os. That happened to me when I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8100. I used a different version from Vodafone and fixed the issue. Do a search for a different version and how to install it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonz View Post
    It could be a bug in the os. That happened to me when I upgraded to 4.5 on my 8100. I used a different version from Vodafone and fixed the issue. Do a search for a different version and how to install it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is a non-discriminating little bug. It is present in every flavour of 4.6.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    So it's supposed to be an English only OS?

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    So it's supposed to be an English only OS?
    Huh? The language of the OS is irrelevant. The prompt pops up whenever we go to sync our BB's without any language files other than English installed.

Why would I want to update languages that aren't installed in the first place? I'm not sure if it happens when other languages are set as the default.

Oh ok. Now I get it. I thought it had something to do with it being a multi language OS. I didn't realize you were referring to synching in the first post. You were talking about installing an OS so that's where my question came from.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Oh ok. Now I get it. I thought it had something to do with it being a multi language OS. I didn't realize you were referring to synching in the first post. You were talking about installing an OS so that's where my question came from.
    Oh, I see. The reference to installing the OS was just pointing out that Rogers had finally posted OS 4.6.1.94 for the new 8900 Curve. We had been waiting for it. The bug that popped up is one that was, or is present in OS 4.6.0.??? on the Bold and Flip

CRAP. I hope this is worked out before I get my 8220 next year.