I am aware that this question has been answered in other threads, but I can't ... RIM Handheld OS forum

kpozan no está en línea Stack level 2

No Ringtones/Vibrate on 8830 Running OS 4.5.0.77

Advertisement

I am aware that this question has been answered in other threads, but I can't figure out how to get the ringtones and vibrate function working on my phone again. I am completely new to the game here. Not only have I had my BlackBerry for only 3 months, but I also am new to windows. I just installed Vista on my MacBook Pro about a month ago (I need it for law school otherwise I would be 100% mac).

Anyway, I just installed OS 4.5.0.77 on my Sprint 8830, but I can't figure out how to get the ringtones and vibrate function working again. I have them all in a zip file, and that is where I am at right now. I am using Desktop Manager v4.6 in case anyone was wondering.

Can anyone help me out here? I would truly appreciate it. Please don't send me a link to another thread. I have looked through all of them to no avail.

idiedtryin no está en línea Stack level 3
    unzip them...and then try to add them via the app loader in your desktop manager..

i think this should help was this os u upgraded via sprint...is it official

No, I don't believe it was through Sprint.

So I connected my BlackBerry and used mass storage to put all of the ringtones into the ringtone folder, then did a battery pull. My phone does not ring or vibrate, but when it it plugged in to the charger it does. How do I get it to vibrate and ring when not charging?

Aka I'm convinced that I did not fix the ringtone/vibrate issue that is common after upgrading to 4.5.0.77

I take that back. It rang and vibrated on one call only. I just missed two phone calls, and I'm sitting right next to my phone. I really could use some help. Like I said, I did the mass storage transfer, but the phone doesn't ring or vibrate. This is aggravating. I'm so new to this - I feel incredibly helpless. When I plug in my phone and go to the Desktop Manager nothing happens. Suggestions?
    Last edited by kpozan; 10-03-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Also, I cannot edit the profiles anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions?

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Try reinstalling firmware?
    Maybe a different one?
    Not being able to edit profiles is a big flag to me that something is wrong with the firmware itself. I may be wrong, so let's see if anyone else has suggestions too.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is a link to the .cod file. The file name is net_rim_bb_medialoader_8830.cod

Save the file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51\Java

Start up Desktop manager and connect your phone. It should load the files right up.

It appears that this was left out for the 8830 but the 8330 worked just fine. I forget my source of the file so thank you whoever originally provided the file. I believe it came from 4.5.0.51. Worked for my Sprint 8830 and my friends Alltel 8830.

Thanks for the help. Worked perfectly.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad I could help.

Gawayne no está en línea Stack level 1
    You rock! Took me a few to figure out why it wasn't working at first, but this took care of it!