I'm a planner and want to ask a what if question. I'm going to upgrade ... RIM Handheld OS forum

fablhof no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Restoring previous OS on 8300

Advertisement

I'm a planner and want to ask a what if question.

I'm going to upgrade by ATT 8300 with the Rogers version of OS 4.5. I'm on a BB that is supported by my company IS dept and I get company e-mail through them (enterprise)

As a result of the enterprise aspect, I'm concerned that if I upgrade I may encounter a problem I can't overcome and will need to restore the older version of the ATT OS.

I have it downloaded, but are there any problems with reverting back to OS 4.2 if I already have OS 4.5 and its not working?

Any tips to prevent me pulling my hair out?

Thanks for the help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just follow the same process you use to install 4.5. All you will need to do is uninstall the 4.5 from your PC and install the one you want to revert back to. Once you connect your BB to desktop manager it will ask you if you would like to downgrade. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Question

Thanks for the quick follow up.

I have another question...

The OS on the link from this forum takes me to 4.5 OS version v4.5.0.62 (Multilanguage) from Hong Kong CSL limited. What's the difference between this version and the Rogers version v4.5.0.81?

Is the .81 version newer, better or just different? Does it matter in the scheme of things?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Latest Official OS for the 8300 is here:

8300 - 4.5.0.108

You can use either one it doesn't matter as long as it is device specific and you delete the vendor.xml file as indicated in This thread.

Question

I thought I was done asking stupid questions, but then I thought up another one...

I see mention of "installing the OS on your desktop" before doing so on the BB. Does this just mean that I have to download OS 4.5 and use the DM 4.6 to install it, or will I have to run the .exe of the OS from my desktop before I open the DM?

Does that make any sense?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I would download the 4.6 DM first and then the OS. Don't forget to delete the vendor file before upgrading to 4.5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I think that means you download the OS and then you run it to install it on your desktop. Some people forget to install it first.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~