I have a concurrent thread going about what seems to be a bug in 4.5. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

kidblue no está en línea Stack level 2

REINSTALL current OS?

Advertisement

I have a concurrent thread going about what seems to be a bug in 4.5. Basically, the "automatically dim backlight" option seems to be permanently "on" regardless of which option is toggled. The thing keeps dimming in low-light...

Anyway, I'm interested in reinstalling 4.5 (the new T-Mobile version). I know there are specific protocol for downgrading an OS and obviously upgrading is self-explanatory...

Is there a special way to back-up and reinstall a current OS with the SAME version?

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f7/help-90719/

View that thread, I just explained how to do that, except if you want to use the version you already have, just skip the uninstalling and installing the device software on the computer step. But if you are switching to the T-Mobile one off the official site, then follow all of those steps, just don't install the lower version software, install the new one off of t-mobile.

I'd like to keep 4.5, but the weird dimming issue really bugs me... I'd like to know if it's a bug within the software, and error in the installation or some strange database issue with my current set-up...

Does one have to use JL Commander to wipe the sucker out before I can reinstall the OS?

I can't just reinstall the current version on top of the same one with a backup of my information?

Thanks,

Noah

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Backup your information, wipe it out with JL_cmder, follow the process of installing the version you want to your computer, install it with application loader, then restore your backup.

Also that issue seems to be widespread, but if it continues call your service provider, T-Mobile, and if they find it is a new issue, they can submit to RIM to release a fix, or even better, if they have the solution to the problem they will tell you how to fix it. Trust me on that part.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    4.5 from T-Mobile is only out for the 8320, as far as I know.

Interesting that this is an endemic issue.I guess it slipped through the cracks...

Obviously, if this is a widespread issue, there wouldn't be any benefit in a reinstall, would there?

You seem to know your stuff... Barring T-Mobile or RIM coming to the rescue, what do you suggest?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The OS for the 8320 was posted here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._0_81_a-90475/

I'm using one of the 4.5 OS's on my 8120. Can't remember which carrier it is from though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedragon64 View Post
    Backup your information, wipe it out with JL_cmder, follow the process of installing the version you want to your computer, install it with application loader, then restore your backup.

Also that issue seems to be widespread, but if it continues call your service provider, T-Mobile, and if they find it is a new issue, they can submit to RIM to release a fix, or even better, if they have the solution to the problem they will tell you how to fix it. Trust me on that part.
    Interesting that this is an endemic issue.I guess it slipped through the cracks...

Obviously, if this is a widespread issue, there wouldn't be any benefit in a reinstall, would there?

You seem to know your stuff... Barring T-Mobile or RIM coming to the rescue, what do you suggest?