Just purchased a brand-new, unlocked 8310 curve from eBay. Messed around with it for awhile, ... RIM Handheld OS forum

digdug no está en línea Stack level 1

Recovered from JVM 102 Error (using above sticky) - Missing Browser??

Advertisement

Just purchased a brand-new, unlocked 8310 curve from eBay. Messed around with it for awhile, using a cingular SIM from my firm-provided BB. Then tried a Verizon SIM, from their new "world-edition" phone. BAM!! JVM 102 Error. After some searching, found this place, found the sticky thread in this forum, wiped the BB, reinstalled the OS, and its good to go.......

BUT I don't have a browser app on the menu. I check the application list, and it shows that the browser module was installed. Anyone know what's wrong??

Note that I still have not gotten an actual SIM to use with the BB yet, but I do want to have it in the "factory" state I got it in. I purchased this for use in another country that I am moving to for a year (Sri Lanka!). Not having a browser application is worrying me!
    Last edited by digdug; 01-16-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Wanted to thank everyone in advance. The information here is priceless, and has already saved me so much time and stress!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: Recovered from JVM 102 Error (using above sticky) - Missing Browser??

Go to options - advanced options - host routing table and press the menu key and select register now. And in a few seconds the browser will be back.

Hope this helps

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

And you will need to have your sim in to do this

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

digdug no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the advice, Vince. What is the theory behind this? Why is only the browser dealt with in this manner? And what is this "service books" thing that apparently needs to be sent for various reasons?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quoted from Rcbjr:
    A Service book contains the settings the dictate how a specific application accesses the Data Network.
    --------------
    These need to be resent via your BIS in order to get your browser back and also re-register your HRT as vince says.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide