I am goin to tackle this today after work. I tried last night but Tmobiles ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Question on upgrading my OS

Advertisement

I am goin to tackle this today after work. I tried last night but Tmobiles website was all messed up and the links to download the DM and OS were pointing to an incorrect page. Anyhow though....as far as all the extra applications I have on my phone that I have added myself.....do I need to write down what I have and then go re-install them from where I got them after I upgrade? And the themes I have on my phone....will those be lost? I have a couple I got like iBerry and just was wondering if that will be lost in the upgrade or if everything I have on my phone will make it through the upgrade? I did a backup but I thought that just saves contacts, settings, messages, and things like that. Just wanna know how to do this right so I dont end up losing a ton of stuff. Thanks for any help or insight!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There might be some application and/or theme compatibility issues and you will most likely need to re-register the applications, but as far as losing them, that shouldn't be an issue with the upgrade. The Desktop Manager-forced backup prior to the upgrade should save off everything from your device, themes and applications included.

Of course it can't hurt to have backup plans just in case!

Good luck!

Roger

Thanks Roger!!! I'll make sure to note down all the stuff I have first then just in case!
    Last edited by lovin2act; 10-22-2008 at 01:35 AM.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Every time I try to go get the updates on Tmobile's site, the links take me to a "compare phones list" for purchase. Is anyone else having that happen? All of the links to download the DM or the OS are doing this and I cant get to what is needed to upgrade

Well that sucks, l2a! Try this link for the DM and this one for the OS.

Sounds like you might need to clear the cache in the browser of your PC, dude!

Ha yes it doeth! Oh cool thanks man!!!

Oh serious? That's weird cause it happens on my pc at home and on my pc at work. But I shall clear the cache on both and see if that helps! Thanks Mr Gro :-)

Yeah, you should clear all that stuff out once in awhile. Temporary Internet files can bog things down quite nicely!