Shortly after the Pearl came out I downloaded the betta of Avantgo for the BB. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Problems with Avantgo

Advertisement

Shortly after the Pearl came out I downloaded the betta of Avantgo for the BB. I downloaded it OTA, installed and it promptly told me I needed a different version. Download it and it worked just fine, till I acidentaly deleted it somehow after restoring a backup from before I had installed the program. Now it is not the same, instead of being a stand-alone program I can sync and everything it only directs me to the Avantgo website, simmilar to the pinstack program sending me to the pinstack forums. This wouldn't be a problem except for I need to beable to use the program while off the network. I tried to download the program OTA again however the link they provide will not open in my browser I keep getting error codes and cannot continue. Any ideas? Or anyone know where I can download the file directly?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Problems with Avantgo

Seem like you may have to uninstall the Avantgo again. This time check the modules via handheld and make sure ALL Avantgo modules are deleted.

Then download and install the full version again.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I've tried all sorts of things but still no luck, I can go through the whole process in the opera browser but it won't let me do a ota download of the file, and the BB browser gives my a 502 error bad gateway right from the bat. I'm lost.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Try doing it with your Blackberry browser. Opera does not support downloads. It just kicks in your BB browser for that. That may be your problem. Another thing you can try, can it be installed with the app loader? Or is it strictly OTA?

With the app loader it loads a link to the website... the OTA program seemed like a whole different thing, the problem is that I get a 502 error when I try to access their wesite for the OTA. all other sites seem to work fine with the BB browser. I've tried all sorts of settings but still get the 502 error.

After installing the new os. I was able to download ota without a problem. Thanks for all your help
    Last edited by poopc4; 10-19-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poopc4
    After installing the new os. I was able to download ota without a problem. Thanks for all your help

I forgot to mention that the program does not sync propperly, but that seems to be a universal problem with the beta.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Are you on a BES? I found that if your default browser is the Blackberry browser instead of the Internet Browser, Avantgo won't work. I have to toggle the browser setting if I want to use it on my 8700c.

It's annoying, and I'm sure there's something they could do on the BES to allow the Avantgo traffic through, but I use it more on my Tungsten|X than the BB anway, so it's not a big issue for me.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.