Hello, I tried to upgrade my OS today and the BB Desktop Manager said everything ... RIM Handheld OS forum

clenny no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems Updating OS

Advertisement

Hello,

I tried to upgrade my OS today and the BB Desktop Manager said everything installed successfully but my screen ever since the update is black and won't turn on. Desktop Manager still recognizes that there is something connected to the USB port and I've tried to reinstall the OS a few times now and am getting the same result. I've also tried wiping it with JL_Cmder but I can't tell if it worked or not because the program does not give any confirmation. It just goes back out to the main screen after I type "blackberry" I also do not get a white screen with the '507' error that is supposed to happen after a wipe.

Thanks for any help,

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Problems Updating OS

If it is letting you into App loader, re-run it and after the Application screen make sure to go to advanced and check "remove all currently install apps" also I would not let it do a back up and restore during the load process. Good Luck!
    PS Are you loading software for your carrier? or another?
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Thanks for the input. I will try that right now. And yes I am using my carrier's software. It's weird...I can load/unload all my 3rd party apps and it does everything successfully. It just won't turn on...

So I was experimenting a little and I have determined that my phone DOES turn on because I took a screenshot of it using JL commander and it shows the home screen. So it seems that just my screen won't turn on. The weird thing is my screen has had no trauma. I have not dropped it or anything. It first stopped working the first time I tried upgrading the OS. So this must be a software problem still right? If it is....I still have no idea what to do next.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the "507" as well and a clean BlackBerry OS update did the trick.