Hi, I am being a new Blackberry owner and has a problem with sending e ... RIM Handheld OS forum

adh
    adh no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems sending e mails

Advertisement

Hi,

I am being a new Blackberry owner and has a problem with sending e mails. My Blacberry is an 8100 Pearl and before I took it in operation I upgraded the OS from version 4.2.0.67 (the latest version supporting my carrier TDC) to 4.2.1.107 which I found on the internet. I deleted the vendor file as described and from what I understand the OS will now work with any carrier.

Everything works fine and the Blackberry was then activated by our IT-department. We have an enterprise server. Everything works OK, however I can not send e-mails from the devise. I get the message ""Desktop Email program unable to submit message".

The IT-people have not been able to solve the problem sofar and I am now thinking if the upgrade to the newer OS could have anything to do with it. I do not want to start installing the older OS again if this clearly has nothing to do with the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Anders Haarbo

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Problems sending e mails

Options to try out:

Resend the service books from the BES; recreate the BES account; wipe and reactivate the device

adh
    adh no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problems sending e mails

OK - could you give me a quick description on how to do that. Most of this is new to me, but I will be happy to try.

Anders Haarbo