I'm using a T-Mobile 7230 running os 4.0 and using BlackBerry Internet Service (not BES) ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mtrautschold no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Problems opening Password Protected PDF Attachments

Advertisement

I'm using a T-Mobile 7230 running os 4.0 and using BlackBerry Internet Service (not BES) for email. I can open regular Adobe PDF files fine. When I receive a password protected PDF - even protected with a simple lower case "password" - it always says "incorrect password" when I try to enter it on the BlackBerry to open the attachment.

I've tried many times. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Martin
    www.blackberrymadesimple.com

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Problems opening Password Protected PDF Attachments

type the password in the blackberry notepad to be sure it's correct. then cut and paste it from there and see what happens.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

try a pdf password remover. It may or may not work for ebooks and other protected files. This is for edit-only protection password removal.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pdfpwremover.html

Also, Dynoplex has a good suite and trial available for viewing pdf and other documents.

So does RepliGo (more here)

mtrautschold no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Problems opening Password Protected PDF Attachments

I tried to put the password into notepad and copy it into the password field, but I couldn't "paste it" As soon as I click the trackwheel to select "paste" it closed the password entry field.

So instead I made a password of "1234" and made sure I typed the numbers correctly - it still said "incorrect password" on the BlackBerry Attachment viewing screen.

Has anyone else seen this problem - using BlackBerry Internet Service exclusively?

I'd like to try and avoid using a paid attachment viewing service, if possible.

Thanks,
    Martin

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Also note that the BlackBerry attachment service does not support .pdf documents that are 128-bit encrypted.