Hi once again, I have a few problems with my BB. First of all I ... RIM Handheld OS forum

The_Luddite no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20287D3F

Thumbs down Problems loading with a 7230

Advertisement

Hi once again,

I have a few problems with my BB.

First of all I was not able load a game, which I found out I was not able to do due to lack of space. See other thread.

It kept telling me I had no free memory! This was after I had deleted the game that was loaded already.

Next I decided to add some new addresses to the BB, all went well as input was via the keypad.

Then I did an update via Outlook 2000 it had all the details from the BB. Next I tried to reload them and it came up with an out of memory message. So I deleted the address book contents and tried to reload the back up. It came up with the same message no memory.

I have removed all the various stuff that I am never going to use, support in Italian, Spanish and a few other countries. However, I'm still getting the same message.

I thought I would go and get a new OS and try and reload that. Now I find that O2 do not support BBs and I can't find the OS that will work on my platform.

The latest message is "Cannot update application data"

Any one have any ideas as to what I can do.

Thanks in advance.

The Luddite
    Last edited by The_Luddite; 10-10-2006 at 01:57 PM.

The_Luddite no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20287D3F

Re: Problems loading with a 7230

I have now managed to get the Address Book loaded.

I went into Security and Wiped the BB. Then used back up and restore and it loaded all the Addresses.

But even though I have now got a working address book the BB still says that it has no free memory.

So I'll use it to make calls and all the other things it will let me do, and keep an eye open for a more up to date BB.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

The Luddite (love the handle ) you will need, in my experience, to have an enormous databank, or loads of apps, to trouble the 32mb of software on your 7230. The software seems very stable on the 72** series. However, go to Options>Status and look at File Free. If there is genuinely no memory left, try deleting Call Log. unneccessary Apps and saved messages and see if that helps

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

giamburrasca, what you say would be true, if his device had 32mb of memory, but the 7230 only has 16mb.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

It sounds like you may need to run javaloader.exe to totally wipe the device, then run the Apploader to reload the OS and apps.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.