I downloaded 4.5.0.7d DM. I had created a couple of restore points. I hooked upmy ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ceabbott2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245e1146

Question Problem with installing OS 4.5.0.75

Advertisement

I downloaded 4.5.0.7d DM. I had created a couple of restore points. I hooked upmy phone via the cable nothing happened. I rebooted the phone and the computer. I have seen the posts about the deleting the vendor.xml file however verytime I go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) but when I click on the application_loader.dll it opens with a message to search for a program to open the file (either web or on computer)? First question was this the correct version since my phone carrier is T-Mobile? Second I even did a search for the vendor.xml file and the computer says no results. Should I delete the DM OS 4.5 and try the download again? My phone still shows the OS 4.3.0.115. I figure I am doing something wrong I just don't know how to correct it.

hakimmmmm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    1st of all you have to download a blackberry OS for ur device 4.5 n then install the downloaded bb OS to ur computer n then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader n delete the vendor.xml n then plug ur bb to computer n open ur DESKTOP MANAGER which is 4.5 as u mentioned. n desktop manager will tell u tht new update is available for ur device thn folllow the instruction
    the reson u didnt find the vendor.xml is tht cuz you didnt install the bb OS to ur computer n u didnt even downloaded u only have desktop manager 4.5 lolzz but it happns cheerzz

PIN/ID
    245e1146
    A friend helped me with install. I am too embarrassed to admit that I missed the Common files folder. Thanks for everyone's help.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ceabbott2 View Post
    A friend helped me with install. I am too embarrassed to admit that I missed the Common files folder. Thanks for everyone's help.
    FYI for future reference, ceabbott, here's a thread that you can save for instructions on how to upgrade the OS.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Anyone know why the "latest OS" stickies at the top of the 8120 section haven't been updated in months? Does OS 4.5 not count?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    Anyone know why the "latest OS" stickies at the top of the 8120 section haven't been updated in months? Does OS 4.5 not count?
    I think most everyone is watching this site for the latest OS - does that help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    245e1146

Thumbs up Thanks Again!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of the BB experts for their knowledge, time and patience!

Charles