Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by JasonHDD Ok, you are missing something somewhere. Make sure the only OS ... RIM Handheld OS forum

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    Ok, you are missing something somewhere. Make sure the only OS that is installed to your computer is the one you are trying to install. Make sure you delete the Vendor XML file. Plug in BB>Open DM>Help>About>Device Software Tab> and what does it say for the OS version?
    This is really a simple process. Make sure the OS you want is the only one installed. Delete the Vendor XML file. Go ahead and re-boot the comp. Plug in device. Open DM. If it does not prompt you for an update, select Apploader. Add/Remove. Then step your way to the finish. It will load the OS. Make sure you back up before upgrading. Also, check the How-To section here, and there should be a tutorial on How-To back up 3rd part apps. If not, PM me and I'll send you a link where there is a tutorial. It's quite easy. Hope this helps.

Edit: there is a newer OS available for your model device. Although it is a beta, it's more stable then .55. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your troubles upgrading. I'll be happy to get you going.
    Great instructions and very helpful to poster, Trust added.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger123sw View Post
    Question about 4.5.0.69 I downloaded it the other day but am leary of its size. it is only 59,987 wile 45.0.52 is 77,688. what is the file size of the .69 you installed?
    I believe it is smaller because it does NOT include any of the preloaded stuff like photos, wallpapers, etc.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    This is my formal apology to everyone. I seriously thought I had gotten the 26th (only 4 days off!). I looked at the calendar and thought I had gotten it on a saturday, but obviously I was wrong. Stupidly, I didn't even check over at CB because honestly, I don't really post there much at all (you can check if you want). I guess I should've double checked first. Although I wish Jason would have "called me out" privately so I could fix my mistake before it was a big problem. So sorry for all the unnecessary chaos.
    Blake

I apologize. I wasn't really trying to flame you and all. But after I said something the first time, I figured that you would've double checked. You are correct, I should have just PM'd you and I apologize for not doing just that. I dunno, I think I had my mind set it one was thing, when it turns out it was another. Again, I apologize. I hope there is no ill feelings.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    No harm done on this end, glad you followed back up and cleared things up for us.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I believe it is smaller because it does NOT include any of the preloaded stuff like photos, wallpapers, etc.
    I read somewhere .69 is English only that would account for size too.

8320Curve no está en línea Stack level 2
    it is smaller because it is english only. should be about 57mb total.

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Dude, how could I be upset at you!? You were doing what you thought was right. I'm the one who shouldn't have posted that thread! And sorry for the way it sounded. I didn't mean to make it sound so cocky... Thank you for understanding Jason, sorry for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    Ok, you are missing something somewhere. Make sure the only OS that is installed to your computer is the one you are trying to install. Make sure you delete the Vendor XML file. Plug in BB>Open DM>Help>About>Device Software Tab> and what does it say for the OS version?
    This is really a simple process. Make sure the OS you want is the only one installed. Delete the Vendor XML file. Go ahead and re-boot the comp. Plug in device. Open DM. If it does not prompt you for an update, select Apploader. Add/Remove. Then step your way to the finish. It will load the OS. Make sure you back up before upgrading. Also, check the How-To section here, and there should be a tutorial on How-To back up 3rd part apps. If not, PM me and I'll send you a link where there is a tutorial. It's quite easy. Hope this helps.

Edit: there is a newer OS available for your model device. Although it is a beta, it's more stable then .55. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your troubles upgrading. I'll be happy to get you going.
    I concur with Kieran's compliments. You added a few steps that should be very helpful in stepping through the issue.

Let's just see if Lauren has it in her to proceed!

Good luck Lauren!

Dude, how could I be upset at you!? You were doing what you thought was right. I'm the one who shouldn't have posted that thread! And sorry for the way it sounded. I didn't mean to make it sound so cocky... Thank you for understanding Jason, sorry for everything!
    OKAY! GROUP HUG EVERYBODY!!

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    cool thanks

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Haha, you always come in at the best times RoGro!

Quote Originally Posted by 8320Curve View Post
    it is smaller because it is english only. should be about 57mb total.
    Excellent, thanks for clarifying that.

Haha, you always come in at the best times RoGro!
    Yeah, like a boil on someone's arse or something!

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Don't worry even though I was totally frustrated and ready to give up I haven't. I downloaded DM 4.3 and rebooted my computer. I will let you know if it works. Thanks so much everyone for all the help.
    ~Lauren

8320Curve no está en línea Stack level 2
    i will have to uninstall DM and reload. it now wants to downgrade the OS