Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

even after the phone rebooted and has sat connected via the usb for 30 minutes ... RIM Handheld OS forum

8320Curve no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

even after the phone rebooted and has sat connected via the usb for 30 minutes or more?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    I give up.
    I've been reading and people are having a lot of problems with this OS anyways, so there is no point in upgrading. I've been at this for hours...
    Okay, if you have it in you, just try one more thing and uninstall the 4.5 DM, then download 4.3 and reboot your PC. I know you said you haven't had problems with 4.5, but this IS one thing you HAVEN'T tried yet, so maybe it's the one thing to get you over the top.

Another thing I would suggest is that you do a search of your PC, including hidden files and folders for that vendor.xml file. Could be that there's another version/copy of it hiding out there somewhere.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    Quote Originally Posted by 8320Curve View Post
    even after the phone rebooted and has sat connected via the usb for 30 minutes or more?
    where you connected via a USB hub or straight to the computer? I had a problem with upgrading because of a hub and or Vista. Had to start all over again but plugged USB right into computer no problems.

also, removing the OS from the PC won't affect the phone will it?

also, removing the OS from the PC won't affect the phone will it?
    No, you've already installed the OS on your phone.

Ah, guess I didn't see that part. Your phone had completely rebooted, but the DM still said it was waiting for the device to initialize?

i was connected via the hub in my panel display and not to the back panel of the motherboard. the upgrade seems to have gone OK as the phone is working as it should. DM 4.6 just hung at the last reboot of the phone and never seemed to wake up. it still works, but i have to cancel out of the update. uninstalling the OS from the PC now.

i was connected via the hub in my panel display and not to the back panel of the motherboard. the upgrade seems to have gone OK as the phone is working as it should. DM 4.6 just hung at the last reboot of the phone and never seemed to wake up. it still works, but i have to cancel out of the update. uninstalling the OS from the PC now.
    Yeah, I've heard of problems with this type of connection before, so I believe you're better off connecting directly to a USB port on the PC.

like i said, i think the upgrade went fine less DM waking back up. for sure if i upgrade again i will make a free port off the motherboard for it.

like i said, i think the upgrade went fine less DM waking back up. for sure if i upgrade again i will make a free port off the motherboard for it.
    I think as long as the phone rebooted and connected OK, you're fine. Try connecting to the DM again after you've removed the OS from your PC and see if your problem goes away.

How do you like 4.6? I downloaded it the other day but haven't used it yet.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    I give up.
    I've been reading and people are having a lot of problems with this OS anyways, so there is no point in upgrading. I've been at this for hours...
    Ok, you are missing something somewhere. Make sure the only OS that is installed to your computer is the one you are trying to install. Make sure you delete the Vendor XML file. Plug in BB>Open DM>Help>About>Device Software Tab> and what does it say for the OS version?
    This is really a simple process. Make sure the OS you want is the only one installed. Delete the Vendor XML file. Go ahead and re-boot the comp. Plug in device. Open DM. If it does not prompt you for an update, select Apploader. Add/Remove. Then step your way to the finish. It will load the OS. Make sure you back up before upgrading. Also, check the How-To section here, and there should be a tutorial on How-To back up 3rd part apps. If not, PM me and I'll send you a link where there is a tutorial. It's quite easy. Hope this helps.

Edit: there is a newer OS available for your model device. Although it is a beta, it's more stable then .55. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your troubles upgrading. I'll be happy to get you going.

i am relatively new to RIM but the 4.2(?) version that shipped with my phone was OK, GUI a little clunky but usable. upgraded to 4.5 for all of a day then went to 4.6.

the GUI is much better and the menus are arranged slightly different. i like it so far.

on a sync note: is there a way to tell the hand held to overwrite everything on the server? i use a hosted BES and the calendar is messed up. i have it fixed on the device and outlook but no way to force feed it to the server that i am aware of.

thank you.

I am not familiar with BES so am afraid I won't be of much assistance here.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    Question about 4.5.0.69 I downloaded it the other day but am leary of its size. it is only 59,987 wile 45.0.52 is 77,688. what is the file size of the .69 you installed?

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    This is my formal apology to everyone. I seriously thought I had gotten the 26th (only 4 days off!). I looked at the calendar and thought I had gotten it on a saturday, but obviously I was wrong. Stupidly, I didn't even check over at CB because honestly, I don't really post there much at all (you can check if you want). I guess I should've double checked first. Although I wish Jason would have "called me out" privately so I could fix my mistake before it was a big problem. So sorry for all the unnecessary chaos.
    Blake