Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Couldn't help but notice the icons on your desktop Jason, Looking for a Job?... RIM Handheld OS forum

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Advertisement

Couldn't help but notice the icons on your desktop Jason, Looking for a Job?

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Couldn't help but notice the icons on your desktop Jason, Looking for a Job?
    That is NOT my desktop K. I don't even have a 8320

PIN/ID
    Haha sorry my bad.

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7

OS 4.5.0.69 for 8320!

Yes, it's true, the new *BETA* OS has been found online! BUT, like the 8310 version, it is hosted illegally... I don't know if this is gonna be a popular OS or not though because people just got the .55 OS a week ago, and .8* is right around the corner (in development now) and .69 may just never catch on.

ALSO, a RIM insider just got fired for leaking OS's. It's kind of stupid I think. Why risk your job over a *beta* OS???
    Last edited by Bnorwood1; 08-01-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    Yes, it's true, the new *BETA* OS has been found online! BUT, like the 8310 version, it is hosted illegally... I don't know if this is gonna be a popular OS or not though because people just got the .55 OS a week ago, and .8* is right around the corner (in development now) and .69 may just never catch on.

ALSO, a RIM insider just got fired for leaking OS's. It's kind of stupid I think. Why risk your job over a *beta* OS???
    Lol a LOT are probably risking their jobs, they're just not getting caught, I'm assuming that's how WE get them...

Bless their hearts though,lol.

PIN/ID
    More often than not its actually the partners who leak the betas...That's why the majority of partners no longer get "newer betas" until they are close to release to the carrier. Thats what made this one so obvious...It hadn't been released to hardly any partners yet...Only exclusive ones.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Exactly, so it was probably the RIM guy who leaked the .69 Beta... I actually feel bad for him because he probably had a family, and now he's out of a job. It's easy to get caught up in the leaking business, but he's still has to pay the consequences...
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Upgrading to .69 as we speak, will update on it as soon as possible.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Anyone having trouble backing up on .55? I'm trying to do a full backup for the first time since upgrading to .55 (preparing to upgrade to .69) and it keeps hanging on something but I can't figure out what.

EDIT: Still not sure why it wouldn't backup but I did an advanced backup w/ just my messages then upgraded. During the upgrade, it backed up just fine. .69 seems stable so far. It gave me a little more memory. We'll see how it handles memory leaks over the next few days. Everything else seems the same though. Hopefully they have fixed the annoying BBM problem.
    Last edited by E3BK; 08-01-2008 at 03:37 AM.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I have been running .69 for about four days and I am pleased to announce that I have experienced virtually no memory leak! Perhaps this really is the last beta before the officials role out in september!

Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    I have been running .69 for about four days and I am pleased to announce that I have experienced virtually no memory leak! Perhaps this really is the last beta before the officials role out in september!
    Yep, same here.

Start with >21MB free, end up with still more than 21Megs free. SEXAY!
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Virtually no memory leaks overnight! Kickin' at 22.3MB free . But we'll see how long before I need to reboot this puppy. Currently at uptime of 7412.

Also, about employees leaking betas. It really sucks that people are loosing their jobs over this, but I have to say, do you think RIM would have been able to fix all these bugs as quickly as they do if the issues weren't posted all over the internet? You know they have someone monitoring these boards.
    Last edited by E3BK; 08-01-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    Virtually no memory leaks overnight! Kickin' at 22.3MB free . But we'll see how long before I need to reboot this puppy. Currently at uptime of 7412.

Also, about employees leaking betas. It really sucks that people are loosing their jobs over this, but I have to say, do you think RIM would have been able to fix all these bugs as quickly as they do if the issues weren't posted all over the internet? You know they have someone monitoring these boards.
    Yea I was just thinking about that the other day, that SOMEONE at RIM who has a hand in debugging and developing these builds must be checking these boards from time to time. And some of these leaks could be intentional for all we know, lol.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    On my 3rd day with .69. No more memory leak here either. Just one issue with some incompatibility with YouMail, but that's nothing.

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    On my 3rd day with .69. No more memory leak here either. Just one issue with some incompatibility with YouMail, but that's nothing.
    What was the incompatibility of youmail? I am using .69 on my 8320 and youmail is working same as always to the best of my knowledge..
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv