Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by rpol8052 so what exactly does it do...I dont have that option on ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    so what exactly does it do...I dont have that option on mine
    The wireless upgrade option that is popping up on the .52, as its on mine. I ran it, and it seems as though its an internet checker for a newer version of your OS and *possibly* software on your phone. As when I ran it, it came back with no newer software available for this device.

So seems like BB finally implemented OTA upgrade like they said they were going to, the real question is will it work for newer beta versions now
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that it won't work.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Just installed OS 4.5.052 and finally RSA Secure ID will import the token. This is one application I really missed since going to 4.5

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    The wireless upgrade option that is popping up on the .52, as its on mine. I ran it, and it seems as though its an internet checker for a newer version of your OS and *possibly* software on your phone. As when I ran it, it came back with no newer software available for this device.

So seems like BB finally implemented OTA upgrade like they said they were going to, the real question is will it work for newer beta versions now
    interesting....i wonder why its not on mine?

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok good so you saw that too I talked about it last night nodody elase backed me up and since I don't see it no more I couldn't tell them where to look so I don't know if they bleived me but now at least I know I'm not crazy. Thanks

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    I just installed .52 last night. So far so good. No Quincy or LinkTracker this time like in .46. I have more memory free even with the same apps! But i see a slow count down in free memory .

How does one initiate OTA updates?
    RSnightlife.com >> Philadelphia Nightlife Revolution

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3
    does this mean no more desktop manager updates?

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    darn it i cant seem to get that option!! this sux lol

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaThunder View Post
    does this mean no more desktop manager updates?

Where is this option like I saied I had it but I don't see it no more does it come and go or I can't find it

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    Where is this option like I saied I had it but I don't see it no more does it come and go or I can't find it
    me and you both buddy

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I pulled the battery after installing the new windows live, wanted to show the option to a buddy, and sure enough it was no where to be found

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    nicest things about 4.5 at this point is the HTML email, Docs2Go software, and then the in browser streaming of video. (m.youtube.com) however this has cashed hte BB before but not since :/

rnlent no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have 8310 att 4.5.46 While talking on phone my unit goes into a soft reset.I do have a third party app in background running.Does anybody else have same issue.Could this be a memory issue.Third party app is instamapper which runs in virtual mode.Thanks

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by rnlent View Post
    I have 8310 att 4.5.46 While talking on phone my unit goes into a soft reset.I do have a third party app in background running.Does anybody else have same issue.Could this be a memory issue.Third party app is instamapper which runs in virtual mode.Thanks
    this version has been known to do that...its time for the next update 4.5.0.52 search its a lot more stable...mine used to do this and it bacame annoying after a while

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post

I found the Wireless Upgrade option under, Options -> Advanced Options -> and its the bottom of the list under TCP.

I am wondering if maybe this is only a 8320 option? I dunno or maybe its carrier specific possibly?

I am on T-Mobile, whoever else has it should share this info as well.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that it won't work.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I found the Wireless Upgrade option under, Options -> Advanced Options -> and its the bottom of the list under TCP.

I am wondering if maybe this is only a 8320 option? I dunno or maybe its carrier specific possibly?

I am on T-Mobile, whoever else has it should share this info as well.
    well i have the 8320 and also on Tmo and no such option is present.. I dunno what the deal is...lol