Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

I had .18 for awhile and its actually pretty good compared to all the later ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb my two's on 8100 beta os's

Advertisement

I had .18 for awhile and its actually pretty good compared to all the later releases .37, .42, .44, .46 which are a bit quicker but i cant live with out my camera after seeing that .46 was really alot quicker with a lil bit less memory leak (had 10mb) and camera seemed to work(a least indoors at night with lights on-though did look a bit dark-the pictures) i decided to keep it but the next day surprise white balance all screwed so immediately downgraded to 4.3.1.14 which i had downloaded awhile back and only installed for like 10 min. after then upgrading to 4.5.0.18 which i ran for months. i remember that 4.3 had a way slicker media interface than 4.5 so decided to give it another run. Well now im sticking with it, it runs great with all the features of 4.5 plus i get the audio boost which really makes a difference in sound also its really quick just like .46 and camera takes stunning pics for some reason! i'm hooked on 4.3 i think its awsome check out the screenshots!
    Attached Images Attached Images

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    4.5.0.46 is the best so far and latest could find cause i see that some peaple have 4.5.0.48 but i cant find it

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhavmercy View Post
    i have .42 on my 8700g and wanted to know if anyone is running or knows someone who is running .46 or .48 and how is it...cause i have been looking all over for them and cant seem to find them.....the .42 makes my phone shut down when my power bar goes down to half power
    i have an 8700g running .42. i dont use it much so i'm not sure if there is a battery issue. last time i checked, .42 was the latest update.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    I had .18 for awhile and its actually pretty good compared to all the later releases .37, .42, .44, .46 which are a bit quicker but i cant live with out my camera after seeing that .46 was really alot quicker with a lil bit less memory leak (had 10mb) and camera seemed to work(a least indoors at night with lights on-though did look a bit dark-the pictures) i decided to keep it but the next day surprise white balance all screwed so immediately downgraded to 4.3.1.14 which i had downloaded awhile back and only installed for like 10 min. after then upgrading to 4.5.0.18 which i ran for months. i remember that 4.3 had a way slicker media interface than 4.5 so decided to give it another run. Well now im sticking with it, it runs great with all the features of 4.5 plus i get the audio boost which really makes a difference in sound also its really quick just like .46 and camera takes stunning pics for some reason! i'm hooked on 4.3 i think its awsome check out the screenshots!
    thats weird.. the camera never worked for me with 4.3.1.14. it was also pretty unstable and had tons of problems.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Everyone keeps discussing this "Auto White Balance" problem.

Exactly what are the symptoms? I found that the white balance was actually better under 4.5 than under 4.1 -- by a long shot.

Just curious to better understand this issue as people keep talking about how the camera doesn't work as well at night -- which is hardly a white balance issue.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post

Exactly what are the symptoms? I found that the white balance was actually better under 4.5 than under 4.1 -- by a long shot.

Just curious to better understand this issue as people keep talking about how the camera doesn't work as well at night -- which is hardly a white balance issue.
    I agree...as much as I've seen it all over the boards, I can't really grasp the actual problem. Probably because I've never had it. I find that the new Camera app has a lot of new options that should eliminate the issue.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    how do i disable firewall in this case there is a small red lock

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've gone thru all of the 4.5's n had some issues here and there.
    So far, .46 is the most stable OS I've had on my 8310. I've had it for 2 weeks with no complaints at all.

Lexo.. There is a .48? Jeez I can't even keep up these days!

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    .44 or .46 if you can find it. I would delete .37 if you have it as that version for the 8320 was frying SIM cards.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that it won't work.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone that installed the Beta got a call from their provider or it stop working? When you go to install it there is a lot of legal stuff you have to accept. Anyone afraid that this might breach the contract and term your service?

We just upgraded our BES to ver. 4.1.5 and would love to upgrade my OS as well. It will suck to wait till September.

Also what firewall are you talking about yozpalang?

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post

On the 8100 (only the 8100 afaik) outdoor pictures will be ruter super-bright or 100% white, and indoor pictures will be really dark. The problem has been there since .37

mpshah no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks guys. now im really confused as to which one to choose, either the .44 or the .46.
    from what i have read here, .44 seems to be more stable. I guess I will have to toss a coin for this one.

Oh yeah, just incase if i come across some error while installing anyone of these update, please tell me that downgrading should not be an issue.
    BTW I'm using a T-Mobile 8320 (unlocked) in Dubai.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by white2003 View Post
    Has anyone that installed the Beta got a call from their provider or it stop working? When you go to install it there is a lot of legal stuff you have to accept. Anyone afraid that this might breach the contract and term your service?

We just upgraded our BES to ver. 4.1.5 and would love to upgrade my OS as well. It will suck to wait till September.

Also what firewall are you talking about yozpalang?

options-security-firewall

i installed blackberry unite last night (i dont know why) and i removed it but after that i can disable my firewall there small red lock right that it wont let me

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Alright I have a problem!

First off I'm running .46 and it's running fine except for the fact it resets on me. I could be using the phone fine. Browse, people call and etc. But once I dial a number, after the first ring my phone resets. This doesn't happen every time and it only resets that way. It happened to me about 3-4 times already.

Anyone know how to fix this? My last resort has to be re installing .46.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~