Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 409

Originally Posted by snipes mcgee What fixes are in this one? I'm using a Javelin ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #31
    JasonHDD's Avatar
    JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    241

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    What fixes are in this one?
    I'm using a Javelin snipes, but I did install it on the wifes device. The browser is much much quicker, and mem leak seems to be more controlled. Other than that, I havent really messed with it.

  2. #32
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    Now what does this one have extra that the last 4.5 dosent (4.4.0.52).
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

  3. #33
    stnkyq2's Avatar
    stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    Now what does this one have extra that the last 4.5 dosent (4.4.0.52).
    I am not sure... I am at work and just found it online...
    I am going to install it once I get off of work and then report back and let everyone know. If someone else gets a chance to check it out before I do Please advise us of anything that is different!

    Thank you......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

    Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

  4. #34
    Fergiej's Avatar
    Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    33
    I'll bet ya big money (ok, not really...) that this will be the version that AT&T releases next week. Guess I'll give it whirl and test it for a few days. THen I'll (finally) put the official at&t version on just for kicks.

  5. #35
    HeavyComponent's Avatar
    HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Posts
    2,557
    I've had .69 beta for a while now and the only real issue I have is from the hourglass. It comes up from time to time lasting up to 30sec. It was very annoying at first, but getting use to it.

    ---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

    --HeavyC.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #36
    Tate002's Avatar
    Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    248

    Thumbs up 8310 Curve OS 4.5.0.81

    Mods Please place in correct forum if need be... I have gotta say that this is the best OS i've had on my 8310. I have quite a few apps on my berry with 21mb still left... Man its swift and very sweet... This one even has the wireless upgrade too... Not too shaby.

  7. #37
    NightFire's Avatar
    NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Posts
    245
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've got 4.5.0.81 (pl 2.7.0.78, rel 108) up and running on my 8310. Seems smooth sailing thus far.

  8. #38
    Hack173's Avatar
    Hack173 no está en línea banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've got 4.5.0.81 (pl 2.7.0.78, rel 108) up and running on my 8310. Seems smooth sailing thus far.
    How are the memory leaks going?

  9. #39
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    I'm using a Javelin snipes, but I did install it on the wifes device. The browser is much much quicker, and mem leak seems to be more controlled. Other than that, I havent really messed with it.
    Yea, that's the first thing I've noticed so far, the browser speed is really improved over .69. Nothing much else I can really tell so far that's been updated, though.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  10. #40
    NightFire's Avatar
    NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    How are the memory leaks going?
    I've noticed that leaving my Browser open for an extended period of time contributes to leaks (not necessarily a 4.5 problem, as I have observed this prior). It seems to have lessened with .81. I say 'seems' because I've been running it for barely a day, and I don't know if I can adequately judge with so little time. I will say this: I haven't had to reset my Berry due to a leak--and a quick memory clean after I close the Browser usually helps. A lot less hourglassing (compared to .69). The most stable version of 4.5 that I've run (which has been several).

  11. #41
    Hack173's Avatar
    Hack173 no está en línea banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Posts
    2,694
    Anybody know anything about 5.0?

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  12. #42
    zakz's Avatar
    zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    189
    I've been running .46 for the longest time with no problems at all. So a week ago I decided to upgrade to .69 and boy what a mess! Something that really annoyed me was the memory leaks. I always had the hour glass couple hrs after reset. 0bytes after only 5000sec uptime. Good thing was that it wasn't deleting my email messages, only my facebook messages.. Grr!
    Sunday I was ready to go bak to .46 but I bumped into .81 and boy oh boy! Its great. 61,000 sec uptime with 6,000,000bytes from 11,000,000bytes- just like the .46 version (same apps- yea yea I could delete preloaded pics, ringtones etc). The browser is fast, n looked better when I went to m.facebook.com. Something that really stood out..-> I wanted to change my theme, usually I'd go to options»themes n the theme pics would take like 2-3sec to load.. But on this .81, its fast. As soon as u hit themes, the pics show up with no delay!! I'm luv'n it!

  13. #43
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by zakz View Post
    I've been running .46 for the longest time with no problems at all. So a week ago I decided to upgrade to .69 and boy what a mess! Something that really annoyed me was the memory leaks. I always had the hour glass couple hrs after reset. 0bytes after only 5000sec uptime. Good thing was that it wasn't deleting my email messages, only my facebook messages.. Grr!
    Sunday I was ready to go bak to .46 but I bumped into .81 and boy oh boy! Its great. 61,000 sec uptime with 6,000,000bytes from 11,000,000bytes- just like the .46 version (same apps- yea yea I could delete preloaded pics, ringtones etc). The browser is fast, n looked better when I went to m.facebook.com. Something that really stood out..-> I wanted to change my theme, usually I'd go to options»themes n the theme pics would take like 2-3sec to load.. But on this .81, its fast. As soon as u hit themes, the pics show up with no delay!! I'm luv'n it!
    Yea I didn't start to notice the memory leaks until after a few weeks. Initially, .69 was leak-free, and it was great. Even when the memory leaks did start to come along, they were minor, and didn't hinder anything i was doing or deleting messages. I just always noticed a hour glass already spinning when I picked up the phone to check emails or the time.

    But I agree, .81 is a nice upgrade over .69.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  14. #44
    rpol8052's Avatar
    rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Posts
    561
    so what is the latest BETA release for the 8320? I currently have .69

  15. #45
    Hack173's Avatar
    Hack173 no está en línea banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Posts
    2,694
    ^^It's .69. For the 8310 it's .81.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •