Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 LastLast

AZ... I am going to go ahead and get DTM 4.6 should I get the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

Advertisement

AZ... I am going to go ahead and get DTM 4.6 should I get the version with or without media manager (remember I am running .101 on 8830 & music at this point wont play) ?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, you can just drag and drop files onto your media card in mass storage mode. The media manager is rather slow. Did music work before the upgrade? Maybe your media files got corrupted, did you try reformatting the card and adding new files?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    well I am not sure I just bought it used from a guy 2 days ago and didnt try music at all on it until after I put on .101

I did format the card before I put music on the card then that when I found out that it wouldnt play correctly, it would start a song play for 3 seconds then freeze then if i hit "n" it would start the next song and play 3 seconds and freeze.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    BTW... these mp3's do play on another cell phone and on my PC so Iknow the songs are good anyway....

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    Does anyone know if I can get the media player from another version installed on my 8830we that will work right ? i'm on 4.5.0.101 and the songs wont play longer than 3 seconds and it's driving me crazy !!... I got the Sprint tv to work I dowloaded a version for the 8330 and it's full screen rather than the 8130 style screen size.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    I looked for a memory thread... so, i guess i'll ask here since i have been on this thread most of the day i have 15370886 bytes of file free space what does that convert to in mb ?

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    does anyone out ther somewhere have a 8830we on beta 4.5.0.101 and have media player issues ? or am i the only one ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Indiana, you have 15,370,886 or 15mb, which is pretty good. Keep an eye on that, though.

Also, there's a thread in the FAQ link in my signature about what to do in the case of random reboots after an OS upgrade with the media card in the device. Take a look through that. You might want to get Desktop Manager with Media Manager so you can take a look at some of the files on your media card which could be corrupted, or at least not compatible with your device for whatever reason.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    thanks for that info about my memory... also, my phone or media player does not reboot at all or anything like that, the media palyer freezes up 3 seconds into a song, here is what I did. first i formatted the card, placed only 1 song on the card that i know plays completly on my pc, then put the card in opened my media player and it does the same thing :-(

I know it doesn't reboot. I'm just thinking that there's something about the media the player on your device doesn't like, so using the method in that thread, you might be able to spot something out of the ordinary, such as missing attributes or something.

Have you tried pulling the battery and trying the music again? Do you have a radio application like Nobex, Flycast or Slacker on your device that you can try streaming through the media player?

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    no, none of those things, i did try a battery pull... i will say this, like when i go to format the card everything goes well, but when i hit menu then remove card it says card cannot be read make sure it's formatted.... weird, cuz it tells me how much memory the card is and how much free space is on it. and it also shows the song on it and starts to play it. i duuno, this is driving me nuts, i just wonder if i am the only one on this os with an 8830 that is having this issue.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    if i could, i would like to see if there is a way to reinstall only the media player... would that even be possible ?

You can't reload the canned media player, but there are third party applications you can load as an alternative.

So you've tried looking at the media through Media Manager per those instructions to see if there's anything out of the ordinary?

Also could just be the card. Have you tried a different card?

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    i have switched cards... and i tried xplayer after bb media player didnt work, then i removed x player and tried again... i dont have itunes on my pc to sync my music to my bb cuz i have just been dropping and dragging then tried copy and paste, then tried move to option. but as far as instructions you are talking about are you saying i should go back to my old os and then reistall without the card in my bb ? or something diff ?

LOL, let's back up here a second. Did you do your OS upgrade with your media card in the device? If so, it's pretty common to experience some sort of anomoly, whether it be random reboots or songs not playing in their entirety.

My suggestion was to look at this thread and use the method described with the Media Manager to look at the physical attributes of the media on the card to see if there are any fields missing.....corruption that could have been and probably was caused by doing the OS upgrade with the media card in the device. I believe you said you downloaded the Desktop Manager without Media Manager in which case you'll have to uninstall DM and reinstall the version with Media Manager......if you want to try this method.