Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 LastLast

Congrats on the successful upgrade! Reinitialization after the upgrade is generally what takes the longest ... RIM Handheld OS forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Congrats on the successful upgrade! Reinitialization after the upgrade is generally what takes the longest and yes, it can be nail-biting time while it does that! Usually, though, as you experienced, everything goes smoothly.

Nice job.

Roger

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Azstar, Any report from .119?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Eh, just go for it, JB!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Azstar, Any report from .119?
    It is worth it. No more phone going to speaker then to headset, MUCH FASTER, It is a Win Win Situation for it. Go for it.

LOL! No pressure here!

Yeah, I may as well download it. I'm not particularly interested in a new OS until SOMEONE tells me it's pretty clean. My 8330 works GREAT now on .77! I don't have time for trouble-shooting right now.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not sure if its a glitch or a hiccup but when trying to post to a thread earlier I had my phone freeze up. Hour glass just kept spinning then the screen went black with hour glass still going. Had to do a battery pull and all has been good since. Other than that its been flawless. Also I am sure it wasn't an app causing it because my baby is bare because I am trouble shooting an MMS issue.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cowboy, There WAS an issue with MMS and Docs to Go in .89 I think. I remember Azstar, and maybe others, reporting on it. I think it had to do with Docs, when upgraded to get the spread sheet ap, prevented MMS with pics or something like that. Does that have anything to do with your MMS testing, and if so, do you know if that problem is still there?

I think I'm remembering that right.

BTW, that hour glass thing on a bare-bones BB doesn't sound particularly good either.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Your correct on the Docs to Go that was the first thing I checked. That was caused by sheets to go. I can send just fine but can't receive. I have checked firewall and all the things I know and nothing. Also this is not related to the new OS we are trying out because it started when I was running .89. I am thinking Alltel has some setting screwed up on my account more than it being my BB at this point. Gonna call tonight to be sure.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I couldn't say cuz I never did run .89. Sounded like it had one too many problems for me but I'm interested in .119 if that hour-glass thing goes away. I just don't want a "hanging" phone (hour glass) for no apparent reason in my life!

Actually, I think the problem I described with MMS and Docs is in .77 too, the one I'm running. It's not that big a bother.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ok I still have the annoying speakerphone bug

But I do have more memory....no other issues yet.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Az, what is the speakerphone bug? I don't think that exists on my .77 - not sure.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had it in .77 and up

When answering an incoming call, the sound comes through the speakerphone for a second before it switches to the ear piece. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tmartel no está en línea Stack level 2

Sprint 4.5.0.119

So i put the sprint 4.5 on my curve and bummed out I still dont have mms. Does anyone have mms?

Thanks and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I had it in .77 and up

When answering an incoming call, the sound comes through the speakerphone for a second before it switches to the ear piece. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think I have that problem, or I've not noticed it. Is it pretty obvious to you or could it be overlooked? I usually notice the smallest details. I'm gonna do some tests on incoming calls and check it out.