Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Dwaine12 thanks KK your the best, dude, when i downloaded this new ... RIM Handheld OS forum

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    thanks KK your the best, dude, when i downloaded this new OS, i searched and searched, and i could not find the OS download features, but i knew about the Visual Voicemail.. so i took a chance, i do see an improvement in batter, and app usage time... thanks...
    My battery was Dead when I started the upgrade and it is still charging, so I can not give an answer to the battery usage question.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just finished the install myself. So far so good.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    hello all, i used to have the curve 8330 on sprint, now i have a 8830 on sprint, i bought it from someone on craigslist, it was given to me with 4.5 os however, i dont know if its a beta or the real thing how do i find out ? also, i noticed that my ringtones bbpro1 bbpro2 bbpro3 and bbpro4 dont make a sound but all the others do... can someone PLEASE help me ? you guys are so helpful and have been to me in the past and i am greatful, but i have been trying to figure this out for HOURS. thanks in advance !!!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What's the difference between an indianacowboy and a moderncowboy?

Indiana, go to Options>About. Third line down lists your OS. We can tell if it's beta or not from there.

I am not familiar with those ringtones, so maybe someone else can assist with that question. Could just be ringtones the former owner downloaded or something.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    hey thanks for the help, it looks like this 4.5.0.33 (platform3.2.0.30) also, when I had the curve it also had those bbpro1 bbpro2 bbpro3 and bbpro4 and they worked on that phone and it come from the box that way, of course it had 4.3 os on it though, so i was wondering if its the os causing those to not work. do you know if the 8830 came with 4.5 ? or did it come with 4.3 and someone put 4.5 on it ?????

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There has not been an official release of 4.5 for the 8830 for any carriers yet. So it's definitely a beta
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Someone put 4.5 on it. There have been many subsequent releases since .33 and if you've been reading this thread there is a great new release available, which I'd recommend downloading and installing. You can find instructions in the FAQ link in my signature as well as a link to the latest releases of the OS available for your device.

Thanks for the update, AZ! I was not aware of that.

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    thanks to the both of you !! do you guys think i should go back to 4.3 until the official is out ? or get the update that you were talking about ? either or i suppose, i really dont know the benefit of either....

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    4.5.0.119 on the 8330 does not have the delay when answering the phone anymore either. Now that is Nice.

You could be waiting a long time for an official release, indiana! Seems the CDMA carriers are way behind in that respect. You would already have a lot of the features those of us with 4.5 have with the 4.3 software except for a few things such as HTML e-mails and an application called Documents To Go, which enables editing of Microsoft Word and Excel documents.
    Last edited by RogerG; 01-14-2009 at 10:15 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Actually the latest official release for the 8830 is 4.2.2.196, no 4.3
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MW, does the same apply to the 8830? Indiana has replaced his Curve with the 8830.

AZ's got me covered today! I'd better bone up on my CDMA carrier knowledge!

PIN/ID
    30e66bcd
    hmmm... well... I dunno what to do... I want 4.5 but then the ringers that dont work bb pro1 thru bb pro4 are cool ringers, i know because i had them on my curve. i bet those are not available on the 4.2 os, oh that reminds me, thanks for letting me know that there isnt a 4.3 for the 8830 world edition... so where might i find the 4.2 os ? i know these may seem elementary questions to you gew roo's :-) but i am sorta new...