Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

one more thing I just realized.... .76 seems to have been compiled/packaged the same day ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ronx162 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304BCB8B

Advertisement

one more thing I just realized.... .76 seems to have been compiled/packaged the same day (11/26) as the leaked .75. The .75 was created just before 2:25am EST and .76 was created just before 11:30pm EST. Most of the files look to be about the same size, and since they were both created the same day (albeit almost 24 hours apart), there probably isn't much, if any, difference between the two releases...

however, being an IT project manager and a former developer, I know just as well as anyone how much can get done in a day when you're under the gun ... just figured I'd point it out for everyone's amusement.

Rob

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    i had the same issuse...since it beta its not going to be perfect u no....i had to down grade to 4.5.0.51....i had the same exact issue with.77...i suggest you back up ur BB and find the previous version which is .51...its the exact samething...just a lot less bugs....good luck
    "The only person you are destined to be is the person you decide to be."

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    for os .76 why when i plug my device into the computer dm doesnt recongize that there is a new os upgrade?
    thanks in advance..
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    or try .101

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    I hope so. I have .76 and I cant install it. I have everything set up correctly, deleted the vendor xml and when I run my DM it wants to do the regular .65 update thing that everyone is getting. And if I go to app loader, I can see the .75 in the list, but when I click next and it takes me to the update summary window it says that there is no software to update and I can only go back, there is no next button to begin anything.
    david

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    I hope so. I have .76 and I cant install it. I have everything set up correctly, deleted the vendor xml and when I run my DM it wants to do the regular .65 update thing that everyone is getting. And if I go to app loader, I can see the .75 in the list, but when I click next and it takes me to the update summary window it says that there is no software to update and I can only go back, there is no next button to begin anything.
    same thing happens to me...dont know why?...either
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toddone View Post
    same thing happens to me...dont know why?...either
    You two need to make sure that .76 is the only Device Software installed to your computer. Then check the Vendor XML file again. Reboot your computer, plug in device>open DM> and it should prompt you to update. If it doesn't follow these directions:

Plug in device. Then go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and double click the Loader.exe file. Make sure your device is plugged in before you select the Loader.exe file.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The keywords are:
    Patience & Sequence
    if you follow the instructions KaraBear
    has provided in the exact sequence, you will have success.
    Believe me. I've done this hundreds of times now, & I still make the mistake of being in a hurry to get it done, & slip up on one step only to have to remind myself to be patient & slowdown.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Sent via Archer's BlackBerry

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got this also. No problems here.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    ive been running 4.5.102 on my pearl for around a month now and have noticed a really bad memory leak after a couple hours.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Which pearl do you have? My 8100 is running .102 as well, first the beta and now the offical and I've grown used to having much lower memory free than when I was using OS 4.2. 4.5 OS on a pearl just seems to use a lot more memory especially when you start using the phone after a battery pull. I go from about 24MB at start up to about 12-15MB in a couple minutes. Once the phone is running fast and you're not losing call logs and emails I wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    ive been running 4.5.102 on my pearl for around a month now and have noticed a really bad memory leak after a couple hours.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have an 8100 too. ive been using the 4.5 OS for a while now and the memory leaks havent been as bad as they are now. i was used to getting the memory down to 12-15 MBs too after a while but now it gets down to around 7 and the phone lags severely. my emails, call logs or messages havent deleted but all of the stuff in my facebook app has deleted on several occassions. sometimes when i try to take a picture i get an out of memory error as well.

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2
    How is that Beta version of 4.5 ?
    You can never have too much gas, unless you are on fire.

moto7198712 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CD05BD
    everything runs great the only thing i am having a problem with is the vibrate profile
    but thats it i love it
    e-mail=scotts91hatch@sprint.blackberry.net
    pin=31CD05BD

hit me up !!!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I got a really bad memory leak with .93 beta. At first it was ok but afterwards I couldn't carry on a convo on bbm without having to do a batt pull. Try a wipe and reinstall if that doesn't help roll back to the last stable 4.5 OS you were running. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~