Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish Does it happen when you use the media player to play ... RIM Handheld OS forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Does it happen when you use the media player to play tunes (if you have any) from your media card (if you have one?)
    Haven't loaded any tunes on my card yet, but that's a good point. I'll have to test that theory out.

Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Haven't loaded any tunes on my card yet, but that's a good point. I'll have to test that theory out.

Thanks.
    Just wondered. I've installed .102 on my 8320 and it works fine using the media player. Since that one doesn't have a data plan I haven't tried a streaming pgm - there may be one that works wi-fi - just haven't tried it yet. (I use Moodio tho on my 8330, primary unit/OS different, etc.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkbear View Post
    Howdy Matt, when you say you'd go from 20megs to 8megs, while using .81, was this with the phone just sitting doing nothing? No web browsing, no emails, no google maps nothing apps that cache any data at all? And your event log has been disabled so the log doesn't grow while using the phone right?

I will agree that the browser seems faster using .102 have not had any of the problems that other have reported from 4.2 up through all the 4.5 versions I have used.
    Thats correct. My curve would just be sitting on my desk or on the couch or something, and when I would go to send a text , the little hourglass would come up. So I would go into status to see what kind of Memory I was working with and it would be down to 5 sometimes, or It even got down to 2. I was like WTF?! I have Viigo, Facebook, and Pinstack apps only. I know when I turn Viigo off and make sure I close it, it saves memory because its not constantly looking for new articles.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've discovered an annoying problem with the .102 OS on my 8310. Whenever I stop streaming music from Moodio, the phone resets. Doesn't happen in any other case, just with the media player. Other than that, no complaints.
    ...to follow up Roger, I've gotten Moodio working on my 8320 using .102. It's not the same circumstance as you - remember it's wi-fi only, no data - but I can start, stop, start, etc without a problem or any reset.

Maybe you need to switch to a good blues station. jk
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Blkbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24838a6c
    I'll second jblackfish, on no problems with Moodio rebooting the phone. It does pause when the phone rings or a message alert sounds, but goes right back to playing when the call is over.

Media player has never reset my phone, no matter which OS I have had loaded. (knock on wood)
    Da Bear

Hm, thanks guys. I also noticed that with this .102 release, a phone call does not pause the streaming like it did with .93.

Interesting that you both have 8320s while I have the 8310.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I am way behind on the new betas. Is the 102 the latest for the 8310? I have .81 now...see how far behind I am. lol Life has gotten in my way of my BB addiction.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

TNGal, you're not that far behind. .93 followed .81 and .102 was after .93.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I did .102 on my 8320 last night. Memory retention is awesome! Normal usage after 12+ hours and I would need to do a soft reset to get back over 10MB available. I'm sitting over 18MB right now, and used the heck out of my phone last night and this morning. This is awesome!

On a negative, the phone does seem slightly slower in response to most things.

It is difficult for me to determine how much battery drain there is. On the surface, it appears to be much improved over .81; however, where I work I am on the fringe of service (sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't) so I know it works hard trying to get signal most of the time, which drains it. At home, on Wi-Fi, it seems to have been better over night.

I just did an upgrade.

Apps installed:
    BB dignostics
    BBLight
    ESPNMobileWeb
    Opera Mini 4.2
    PeekaWho
    PinStack Launcher
    Viigo
    Goggle Maps

I noticed another little glitch. Used to be when I was streaming music, a phone call would interrupt the stream, but that doesn't happen anymore since I upgraded to .102.

Not that big a deal, but my wife gets a little peeved sometimes when I don't answer her calls!

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Just a quick question on this....

I wrote down the times when I started the upgrade to .102 and when it finished yesterday. 52 minutes. Seems like previous upgrades (.77, .81) took close to 2 hours?

What is considered normal, or does it just vary with the OS version?

Two hours seems excessive, but as long as the upgrades worked, it doesn't matter, I guess. All of mine have been under an hour.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have never had one go past 30 to 45 minutes. Wow 2 hours .

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I've discovered an annoying problem with the .102 OS on my 8310. Whenever I stop streaming music from Moodio, the phone resets. Doesn't happen in any other case, just with the media player. Other than that, no complaints.
    Mine does it as well.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone tried 4.5.0.101 yet for their 8830 WE? I have it downloaded but don't want to be the first to install it.