Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by X8dragon8X hey does anyone know if there is a official 4.5 upgrade ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by X8dragon8X View Post
    hey does anyone know if there is a official 4.5 upgrade for the united states blackberry 8310. i dont want to use any of the other places one because everytime i did something happened to it that made it break down and i had to replace it.
    Sorry about your bad luck. There isn't an "American one" yet - keep watching here and/or in here and maybe you'll get lucky soon.

It's a good thing all Pinstackers don't feel the way you do - there'd be no AT&T users with 4.5 at all. Hang in there - it'll be out eventually.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well..
    Its been 4 days now since I did a .102 upgrade. (Att 8310)
    1. When trying to make a connection using the browser or facebook (sending a message), sometimes it takes forever to connect, like the browser would just stay @ "requesting" for a loong time, with one small thin arrow blinking nonstop every second. Doesn't matter if I close the app/browser n restart it again..
    2. The browser at times freezes n my berry becomes un responsive for a while.
    Man I'm just ready to go back to .81
    Thought I'd share that with u guyz.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I had problems installing some Java applications with .102

X8dragon8X no está en línea Stack level 1
    im just curious but is there any difference if i use something other than the american update for the 4.5 on the 8310

Quote Originally Posted by X8dragon8X View Post
    im just curious but is there any difference if i use something other than the american update for the 4.5 on the 8310
    No difference in the logic of the release - only the vendor info and you have to delete that file so that DM will recognize the OS.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well i must say upgrading from .93 to .102 was a good choice. Still runs @ the same speed (fast) but i have not done a reset since the upgrade and my free memory is at 22MB, that's unheard of with .93.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

r00t3d no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone have word on a 4.6 beta for the 8320?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I wasn't aware that there would ever be a 4.6 OS for the 83xx series. Could be wrong.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t3d View Post
    Anyone have word on a 4.6 beta for the 8320?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is this a rumor or you know it actually exists?
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

It's an impression - I think I read (probably somewhere in Pinstack, not sure) that 4.6 probably would never be an OS for the 8xxx series and it stuck in my mind. I don't know whether it's true or not. Have you heard anything to indicate that it may be a possibility.

Maybe an expert has some info on it - anyone?

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91

4.5.0.102 is awesome!

I have a Tmobile Curve 8320. I updated to 4.5.0.81 before Tmobile officially released it and had nothing but problems with memory leak. I would start with 20 and would operating at about 8mb within 20 minutes, and it would never improve. I am happy to say that I upgraded to the beta 4.5.0.102 and the phone is noticeably faster, I have had no problems with profiles, or anything. Also, my memory is holding at 21mb !!

If you are on the fence about whether or not to upgrade, its worth it!
    -Matt

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    def is, wwelcome to the .102 club for now, lol u kno these os get outta hand, lol

Blkbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24838a6c
    Quote Originally Posted by mylexon20s View Post
    I have a Tmobile Curve 8320. I updated to 4.5.0.81 before Tmobile officially released it and had nothing but problems with memory leak. I would start with 20 and would operating at about 8mb within 20 minutes, and it would never improve. I am happy to say that I upgraded to the beta 4.5.0.102 and the phone is noticeably faster, I have had no problems with profiles, or anything. Also, my memory is holding at 21mb !!

If you are on the fence about whether or not to upgrade, its worth it!
    -Matt
    Howdy Matt, when you say you'd go from 20megs to 8megs, while using .81, was this with the phone just sitting doing nothing? No web browsing, no emails, no google maps nothing apps that cache any data at all? And your event log has been disabled so the log doesn't grow while using the phone right?

I will agree that the browser seems faster using .102 have not had any of the problems that other have reported from 4.2 up through all the 4.5 versions I have used.
    Da Bear

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've discovered an annoying problem with the .102 OS on my 8310. Whenever I stop streaming music from Moodio, the phone resets. Doesn't happen in any other case, just with the media player. Other than that, no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've discovered an annoying problem with the .102 OS on my 8310. Whenever I stop streaming music from Moodio, the phone resets. Doesn't happen in any other case, just with the media player. Other than that, no complaints.
    Does it happen when you use the media player to play tunes (if you have any) from your media card (if you have one?)