Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by MotoUp It sounds to me as if this is not an official ... RIM Handheld OS forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    It sounds to me as if this is not an official release yet.
    That is correct, just beta.

This thread is being merged with the 4.5 beta discussion thread. To all, please read the first post in the thread reminding all about the PinStack rules regarding ASking for links to RIM's unofficially released beta software.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    I had absolutely no problems updating my os. and for the first time to boot. been running the new os for a week now and not a hitch.
    9800 Torch
    I love my Berry!

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Thumbs up New OS v4.5.0.97

Ok so I am running a new OS v4.5.0.97 and everything is running smooth so far. What I don't understand is whatever OS 4.5 is was running I had a serious memory leak. I have the same apps started at 52mb then went down to 15mb. So keeping the same apps and installing OS v4.5.0.97 it jumped back up to 54mb of memory.

Ok I have my 8330 running 4.5.0.97 . In the Browser I only have "Blackberry" as my choice for emulation mode and I am missing some options in Browser/Options/Browser Configuration. There is no "Start Page" option and it will not let me change the Home Page address. Anyone else have this issue or did I have a weird glitch during the upgrade?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Ok I have my 8330 running 4.5.0.97 . In the Browser I only have "Blackberry" as my choice for emulation mode and I am missing some options in Browser/Options/Browser Configuration. There is no "Start Page" option and it will not let me change the Home Page address. Anyone else have this issue or did I have a weird glitch during the upgrade?

Upgrading now on mine I will get back to you az.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

You must have had a clich Azstar I just finished the download and install. I open the browser go to config and have all 5 emu options. I have not tested the homepage yet but i will. Another funny thing I was busy doing other things and never deleted vendor.xml yet I was able to upgrade without a hitch. Possible this is an Alltel beta for the 8330 or did I just get lucky? I will mess with it more tomarrow and get back to you but the few minutes I have had it. Even the email already in my inbox came up as html. Unlike other updates when I had to wait for new email for html.

As far as the HTML email goes, what OS did you have before?

Thanks, maybe I will try a wipe and reload, I'm not happy the way things are now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    As far as the HTML email goes, what OS did you have before?

Thanks, maybe I will try a wipe and reload, I'm not happy the way things are now.
    .77 was what I had before. I just thought it strange I never deleted Vendor and it was a smooth upgrade as far as I can tell so far.

Mind you I just got it I may run into issues later but so far so good.

Well if you had .77 before, then that's why your email already in your inbox was showing in HTML.

I may just go back to .77 the only issues I had with it was the 1 second speakerphone issue when I first answer calls and .97 still has that, and the Alltel MMS/DocToGo upgrade conflict which is the same in .97 as well.........I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated
    Twitter? My Apps List

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    So is 4.5.0.97 only for the 8320/30 and 8130? Not finding it for 8100.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    So is 4.5.0.97 only for the 8320/30 and 8130? Not finding it for 8100.
    Careful, bajan. OS's are device specific. The 8320 and 8330 WILL be different for sure. Check here for the officially released OS for YOUR device.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok after using .102 for 4 days, not much has changed. There are some differences in the LBS files, but unless you use BES it doesn't matter, and really it doesn't matter anyway. Memory seems to be up a tad. I have 3 forums launch icons, viigo, and next2friends installed and my available memory is 28MB. Browser is quicker. So overall it's the same, I believe all builds since .81 have been stable. It's time for AT&T to release an Official build.

Last edited by KaraBear; 11-01-2008 at 04:42 PM.

PIN/ID
    238E3391
    Yea it would be nice of Rogers Canada to finally deliver updates other than the bold (which shouldn't need and update) and the 8220 (need i repeat myself).
    9800 Torch
    I love my Berry!

I figured out that my issues with my browser options missing was caused by an error in the browser service book. I had resent service books, upgraded, downgraded and finally I deleted the browser service book and then resent my service books again and that fixed it. If only I had thought to try that sooner ......the easiest and fastest fix is the one I tried last :cry:...lesson learned LOL

So, now I'm back to seeing if there are any more bugs in this version. 4.5.0.97
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    238E3391
    Are you saying that you should delete old service books before I resend?
    9800 Torch
    I love my Berry!

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast