Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by drozek That was a AT&T power point, so they probably didn't mention ... RIM Handheld OS forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by drozek View Post
    That was a AT&T power point, so they probably didn't mention it because they don't sell it.

Oops 4.5 threw me off

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Question about upgrading in the event that I ever get/find .46 or .48...

Can one upgrade with the SIM out? Or do you have to have the SIM in the BB to properly upgrade? I mean, I would pop it back in after the upgrade is complete, but I want to use BB connect on my Nokia while the BB is upgrading.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    Question about upgrading in the event that I ever get/find .46 or .48...

Can one upgrade with the SIM out? Or do you have to have the SIM in the BB to properly upgrade? I mean, I would pop it back in after the upgrade is complete, but I want to use BB connect on my Nokia while the BB is upgrading.

Thanks for the info!
    Yes you can

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    He's not lying.....I'm DL now I am however, are concerned with the camera issue. I won't "install" until I find out what's going on with that

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    4.5.0.46 is out...avail for 8100 8310 8320

heres the proof>>> http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...rikus/bb46.jpg
    Where I found it, it's available for 8820 also!!

turbohonda85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    3rd party apps im running are

opera
    vlingo
    viigo
    google maps

thats about it. memory leaks are absolute ridiculous on .44

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    .46 exists i have first hand seen it....
    seems just as stable as .44 and more responsive though this is a subjective statement
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    .33 for the 8330 located in the wilds....installed, seems smooth so far.....
    ----------------------------
    Blackberry Fanatic
    Amateur Photographer/StormShooter
    (PM me for Website/Photo Gallery)

Any body body using vlingo with 4.5~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

.46 is real

Don't ask where I got it =P. Running 4.5.0.46 on AT&T 8310, loaded via 4.6 running Mac/Parallels.

I'm playing with it now and here are some findings:

Facebook, Viigo, Pinstack Launcher, BB Checklist, EMP, CitiMobile & Google Maps all work. Also installed

It seems to be running slower than .42 (I skipped .44) in terms of response time, particularly the Browser. WorldMate is having troubles so I'm going to keep playing with that one and figure out what's happening. Keeps saying "Uncaught exception java.lang. Error"

The vendor themes were already unlocked, or at least I could check them to be installed. Only the O2 theme was installed but I only checked a couple. I;ll see if the others will install. I liked the look of the O2 theme, but icons on that theme seem to be unstable and move around, things I move into folders do not stay. So I went to he L theme. My bPhone theme *was* there after the first couple of reboots, but then disappeared and had to be reinstalled. The OTA download was slllooowww. On Reboot, still didn't show up, so I guess it doesn't work on .46 (bummer).

I deleted the Quincy mods before the install, but it still showed up in the Applications list. I disabled it. Maybe that's what's making run slow? I dunno.

There was about 2.5M more memory with the same apps than on .42.

So far so good. I guess. I mean, it's working. Camera & video are the same as on .42 also. I never use voice recorder so I don't know if it's different.

OK. More soon..i'm going to keep playing with it.

EDIT:

I uninstalled TravelMate because it kept hanging. The Java.lang error still pops up when I reboot though. Anyone get that on .44 or know what that is referring to?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by E3BK; 06-28-2008 at 09:23 PM.

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2
    tried using 4.5.0.33 on my 8830 with VZW. Unfortunately I am having to downgrade back to 4.2.2.196. There was too many bugs that I could deal with at this time. Bugs I encounterd were:

- no SMS
    - non functioning scroll select
    - no copy and paste function because of above
    - netowrk time constantly changing to another timezone
    - browser input fields buggy for text entry
    - messages coming in from BIS with the wrong time

This was just a few I noticed after a couple of hours playing with it. Didnt even
    bother putting my BES email on it. I love the new look and features to come with 4.5 but will next till the next build is released.

Any other stackers with an 8830 that would like to keep in touch of further 4.5 updates for the the 8830 feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by stressless; 06-28-2008 at 10:00 PM.

letstlk70 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B2775
    I downloaded .44 on my 8320(tmo) and my video camera wouldn't save video so I downgraded back. If anyone can help me with the video camera issue please pm me. I want to upgrade it again after bis upgrade~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    yes i am using vlingo with 4.5.0.44/.46 and still seem to work but only on wifi
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I Also tried the 4.5 on 8830 and had similar "unfun" results and did also downgrade back. Connectivity issues were a real problem. I was tethering and tryign to use Google Maps (not at the same times) and I would randomly lose connect and would have to reset.

Though it was USUALLY faster for opening and running most applications I also found that sometimes when I "woke it up" (after sitting for a while) I'd get the hour glass for like 2 minutes. Thta drove me nuts. I did like the email layout and also liked (very much) the updated media player. Not huge steps, but nice functionality that seemed to work pretty slick.

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I Also tried the 4.5 on 8830 and had similar "unfun" results and did also downgrade back. Connectivity issues were a real problem. I was tethering and tryign to use Google Maps (not at the same times) and I would randomly lose connect and would have to reset.

Though it was USUALLY faster for opening and running most applications I also found that sometimes when I "woke it up" (after sitting for a while) I'd get the hour glass for like 2 minutes. Thta drove me nuts. I did like the email layout and also liked (very much) the updated media player. Not huge steps, but nice functionality that seemed to work pretty slick.
    agreed I am looking forward to the next release.