Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

i have a 8330 by verizon wireless. what type of 4.5 desktop manager do i ... RIM Handheld OS forum

nyc boy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017fd9

Advertisement

i have a 8330 by verizon wireless. what type of 4.5 desktop manager do i download???
    thanks

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc boy View Post
    i have a 8330 by verizon wireless. what type of 4.5 desktop manager do i download???
    thanks
    what do you mean? there is just one with media manager and one with out your choice i think that is what you are asking

PIN/ID
    31017fd9
    im sorry thats what im asking.whats the diff between media manager and not??

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The media manager versoin contains Roxio Media Manager. Last I checked (a couple versions ago) it helped copy music and video to the device.

Since I could do this already through Windows file manager (just drag and drop), I really didn't see the point of the huge file download. Also, it was really slow on my work PC where I needed to run it for Outlook synchronization.

I suppose if you are a heavy media user, it might make sense.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Anyone done an 8830 beta 4.5 upgrade?

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow.
    I did the download. I have no connectivity. It says I have no browser configuration.

In the app loader, 4.5 Core applications was gray. so was the Browser

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 4.5.0.33 on my 8330 and really like it. I am very pleased with the upgrades to the software but as others said more can be done....Only problem I have noticed thusfar is that my cursor does not switch from the pointing finger to the arrow and allow me to click on buttons as well as it did on 4.3. I really enjoy the new media player and have noticed that songs load significantly faster for me. I have bass boost on right now and am loving it!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mortenlindstrom no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2245508C

Thumbs down 8320 & 4.5.0.42 - no EDGE anymore - only edge

For update I used the file "8320AllLang_PBr4.5.0_rel58_PL2.7.0.60_A4.5.0.42.e xe", think it was a T-Mobile image, and DM 4.3. Installed the OS onto my 8320, and everything started looking great.

But - I only got gprs wap connection, no more BIS.
    Icon for "Internet Browser" missing,
    Icon for E-mail settings missing,

and when I tried the e-Mail settings from the Setup Wizard, only choice for BES mail.

Logged onto the blackberry web and resent the books, - no change,

Called my carrier (Digicel) - and found a helpful technition that tried all tricks in the book with me, including a full re-provisioning of the phone, but same story - no BIS.

I discovered that the "Host routing Table" under Advanced options was empty, and even trying to Register the handset from there - no result... table empty.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?

A downgrade to my previous device software got me back on-line again,

Tried a second time installing the v4.5 - same result... no EDGE, no BIS service...

Downgraded again, and here I am sitting with "old" software :-)

Any advice would be appreciated

@->-->--- M

JayMc8700G no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2563E9F5
    Quote Originally Posted by mortenlindstrom View Post
    For update I used the file "8320AllLang_PBr4.5.0_rel58_PL2.7.0.60_A4.5.0.42.e xe", think it was a T-Mobile image, and DM 4.3. Installed the OS onto my 8320, and everything started looking great.

and when I tried the e-Mail settings from the Setup Wizard, only choice for BES mail.

Called my carrier (Digicel) - and found a helpful technition that tried all tricks in the book with me, including a full re-provisioning of the phone, but same story - no BIS.

I discovered that the "Host routing Table" under Advanced options was empty, and even trying to Register the handset from there - no result... table empty.

Tried a second time installing the v4.5 - same result... no EDGE, no BIS service...

@->-->--- M

Hey there my fellow stacker, welcome to the forum..... the difficulty ur experiencing with ur upgrade is as a result of the Ntwk that Digicel uses, not the device or the BIS account.... i had that same issue with my previous device (8700g)... there jus not compatible yet... if ur Berry is unlock and the upgrade is done and u should put a C&W sim card it would work seamlessly.... so if ur a die hard fan of Digicel then u'll jus have to wait until RIM release the OS jus for them as the vender file will do the trick.... however that's the main reason i swtich to C&W as i love the new OS.. so as there're released i jus got to have them....

Overall the released OS's should work without any issues but from what i've read they seem to reacted very differently to each device.... some ppl have issue and some don't....
    Last edited by JayMc8700G; 06-26-2008 at 04:19 AM.
    RS
    Sent using BlackBerry

JonFuego no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mortenlindstrom View Post

@->-->--- M
    Had the same issue. It seems that there is an still a uma issue with .42. I was able to get it fixed by talking to RIM directly. I was unable to receive the necessary service books because RIMs servers thought I was out of coverage (even though I wasn't). The tech I spoke to was able to "trick" their servers so I can receive the needed service books. I have also heard that T-Mo can do an "EDGE Reset" to fix the problem, but I haven't tried it. I did not have the same issue with .44 though.

scooter1219 no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 With 4.5 Verizon working great

Got 4.5 did the upgrade and everything until this point is fine I have 4.5.0.33 stable and some nice features. No html email yet but that is due to VZW and BIS.

PIN/ID
    31017fd9
    ok i downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager into my pc.im running vista on my pc.im looking at peoples comments about the 4.5 and they say they r pleased with the new software and enjoy the new media player...i dont see nothing new???
    please help!!!!
    thanks

PIN/ID
    31017fd9

8330 with 4.5 verizon

ok i downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager into my pc.im running vista on my pc.i have a 8330 cuve by verizon wireless..im looking at peoples comments about the 4.5 and they say they r pleased with the new software and enjoy the new media player...i dont see nothing new???
    please help!!!!
    thanks

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Upped to 4.5.0.44 on my 8100, very pleased so far. The only differences I have noticed so far is that everything is a bit snappier, and the media player no longer takes five minutes to queue up. I've had one reset when I tried to make a call earlier today. The camera is still borked, unfortunately.

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC
    I have no problem 4.5 with 8320 as such video capture, email, support 3rd party apps, etc. especially browser is a minor issues. thats it!
    Last edited by XBGM3R; 06-26-2008 at 01:31 PM.