Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Much faster to load over .42 No difference... RIM Handheld OS forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Advertisement

Much faster to load over .42
    No difference
    Last edited by BBP; 06-25-2008 at 08:48 PM.

teaguem32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    woo quick upgrade. Everything seems to be working for now sweet!

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

4.5 Write up

First of all, do not ask me for links or any hints of anykind where to get it, the post and PMs will be automaticly deleted. Use any search engine if you want to attempt and find it on your own.

Another thing is, I DO NOT advise you to install this, reason for me biting the bullet is because i am getting a replacement blackberry tomorrow, due to my current one being broken, and not working properly, so i do not have problem screwing it up even more as it is going to junk right after a clean wipe. Again, if you like your device, wait for official release, rather then trash your phone now, it will not be too long after this to get the offficial release, as beta has already been in testing. I have been to telus store and the person in front of me had busted her blackberry 8830 with the new os, telus, as being out of 30 day OCE, has charged her full price for the new device, i cannot make this any longer and obvious, DO NOT ATTEMPT to do this even if you know waht your doing.

I will be posting a detailed review of the 4.5 cdma shortly, so far i have not seen any major difference from 4.5 for GSM blackberries, i will run a few test on it within next while, i am busy at the moment, so if any of you have done the same, feel free to post changes and new things that you have spoted with the current release.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Hey Thanks for the Info... I'm downloading the CDMA 4.5 8330 software right now, so I'll wait for your review. Thanks for the heads up.

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I noticed no difference...

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Okay so i will start doing a little of it now, first of all, as expected youtube mobile still does not work, i personally was hoping it would, didnt happen, i tried a few videos both short and long, still nothing
    Note: Audio Bost was on and off
    i am on telus, and as far as i remeber youtube was blacklisted, that mighjt be the reason.

GPS: I am not sure of this as my GPS did not work from start, thats one of the reasons i am getting a replacement, even after a new os it still does not work.

Browser: Apart from a few minor changes, I do not see a huge improvement, or even the one worth writing about, when it comes to full html, opera is still in the lead, there are few modifications done, but nothing major, as far as I see it, reason being that its still beta and I am hoping that the browser will change for the better.
    What i have seen so far:
    - There is a search bar added right below the address bar on the intitial page, the supported engines at the moment are Google, Dictionary.com and Wikipedia
    -Rendering is still dead slow.

Media
    The media player is dead slow, it took about 15 sec to actually start playing a song, there is a slight desgin change to the player that is done, still nothing great. Eventually the speed has improved, but still slower then 4.3

Mail: We have not gotten the new update of bis yet, so i could not see html mail yet, still same old.

OS overall: I have noticed a speed decrease in the os preformance.

Doca 2 go is included in the release also

Bottom Line to date:
    Not worth upgrading, this is not bad release, nothing major happen still, but this is not worth upgrading to atthe moment, voiding waranty is not to bright for the things that come in the pakage.
    Last edited by GeneKam; 06-25-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Thanks for the heads up... you stopped me from doing the install right now. Documents to Go is cool, but if that is the major advantage - no thanks right now.

+trust

TwoTabs no está en línea Stack level 1
    4.5.0.44 fixes all these problems

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Im running .44 and its great. The only problem is...
    -Minor memory leaks
    -BB Messenger problem with contact list
    -no vm indicator
    -Video recording doesn't work

Other than that, its great!

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No spam at all. I've been using it since November of 2007. You'll get a bit of advertisement along with your text notification.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    well.....I raced home today to star to upgrade my CDMA 8830 to the new 4.5 OS, but I will have to say after reading this I think I will just wait to the Official release, it cant be to far off the the beta starting to circulate around.

Thanks !
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just read this here by cypher

Im running .44 and its great. The only problem is...
    -Minor memory leaks
    -BB Messenger problem with contact list
    -no vm indicator
    -Video recording doesn't work
    Other than that, its great!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Running .44

Minor memory leaks
    Very little bugs (Edit vibrate doesn't work, works when it wants. When you get a voice mail the icon doesn't show. You have to just check it constantly to see if you have a voice mail.)

Everything else is working flawlessly. No major difference from the .42 all.

BTW - BBP, I don't know why you video recording isn't working. Maybe you should try installing the OS over? If it's not a big deal for you.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    has anyone tryed the super pages on the .44 or any of the 4.5. i keep getting can not connect. was woundering if it was just not ready for the 4.5.

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565
    I'm shocked nobodies upset w/the "huge" memory leak. I was doing a battery pull every 2 hrs. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~