Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Ok now I have never deleted the vendor.xlm files but I had the same problem ... RIM Handheld OS forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Ok now I have never deleted the vendor.xlm files but I had the same problem and I removed the dm and reinstalled it again and it worked ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

johnatthebar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    On top of the screen reads: Blackberry Plataform 2.7.0.61
    Error at the end. Now i got:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception

Is on black and white
    searching had lead me to believe I am one of the few with that particular issue (though it has now happened on upgrade to .42 and .44).

just connect via the apploader (in program files/common/research in motion) and it will allow you to reload. you will have to manually restore after the os load but the restore file is created BEFORE that point so no big loss sans 3rd party apps.

johnatthebar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    I think I fixed. I run the DM again. I installed what the DM forgot to install. For any reason the upgrade do not have the spanish dictionary (Im in Puerto Rico)

Lets see how its run...
    I dont recall which instance of reflash plight I had that issue but at one point no other languages were displayed. just load the os, reboot the comp, and reopen the apploader and it should be there. I did it for portuguese and spanish.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeverette View Post
    Thank you for a response back! I was about to give up on the fine people of pinstack.

From what I know quincy is a tool for the RIM people to find out what bugs are left in the os and send reports accordingly. There is an option to turn it off if you aren't down with that. I still have mine turned on. Does anyone know more about quincy? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for this.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    i upgraded my 8320 to .44 using DM 4.6. everythings works fine, html email, downloading attachments etc etc. i didnt unlock vendor themes for lack of space and i didnt find it appear in my DM either. after the upgrade, i noticed that everytime i want to forward a sms txt, instead of the contact list that opens to choose the recepients, i get a new screen. i have attached thumbnails. anyone with the same problem? am sure its some settings issue, but i cant fig it out. help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^ Strange, I just tried forwarding an SMS and I got the recipient menu, like normal. Running .44 on an 8310.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    damn. i get the same screen when i select 'compose sms' from my sms inbox.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    I noticed that the "is" is removed from de Facebook status with the .44
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Just installed .44 this morning. No problems at all to note. My SMS is behaving just like it did (none of the weird address book missing problems mentioned in the few posts above) and the OS seems quite stable so far.

I'm not 100% convinced it's perfectly stable (after all, it's been a whole 3 hours or so) but with the official .37 release I had been using, I was seeing memory leaks within an hour -- so that seems better already to me.

Third party apps seem to be working fine. Viigo (not the beta), ToDo Matrix, BB Alerts, TrekBuddy and Google Maps all work as they did before. YouTube also seems to function as expected (but it did that on .37 for me anyway).

Can't wait for the official release! It should only be getting better from here!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

sponch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25578c8b
    Is .44 English only? Couldn't choose other languages...

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    4.5.0.44 still has memory issues. A battery pull is needed to free up memory.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Just installed .44 this morning. No problems at all to note. My SMS is behaving just like it did (none of the weird address book missing problems mentioned in the few posts above) and the OS seems quite stable so far.

I'm not 100% convinced it's perfectly stable (after all, it's been a whole 3 hours or so) but with the official .37 release I had been using, I was seeing memory leaks within an hour -- so that seems better already to me.

Third party apps seem to be working fine. Viigo (not the beta), ToDo Matrix, BB Alerts, TrekBuddy and Google Maps all work as they did before. YouTube also seems to function as expected (but it did that on .37 for me anyway).

Can't wait for the official release! It should only be getting better from here!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrleny View Post
    4.5.0.44 still has memory issues. A battery pull is needed to free up memory.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Thus far, I really do find .44 much more responsive than .37. I haven't seen any drop in memory (going on around 6 hours now) so I'm encouraged a little.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

sponch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25578c8b
    I cant install other languages than English. Tried the hin on top of the page; reinstall OS on computer - reboot - launch apploader. But no other languages available...
    Last edited by sponch; 06-24-2008 at 03:58 PM.

ae86nate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246IFE94

Question 4.5 upgrade 2 weeks ago, now i cant receive or make phone calls????

I have a 8320 curve with 4.5.0.42 upgrade. I upgraded the phone a couple weeks ago. For some reason now, I cant make any phone calls or text. I tried to resend service books, soft reset and everything else i could possible think of. Except call t-mobile because i dont have another phone to call them with. Has anyone else have this problem before? Is there any solutions I can do with out calling t-mobile for the time being??
    It could be worse, we could be on FIRE!

ae86nate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246IFE94
    I can still go online, receive and send emails, and i have 5 bars. Every time i try to make a phone call, it gives me that busy ring and my phone says "call failed".
    It could be worse, we could be on FIRE!