Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Sorry my last post was a little mangled and I had to edit the version ... RIM Handheld OS forum

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Advertisement

Sorry my last post was a little mangled and I had to edit the version number. Anyways to clarify, my 8310 has version 4.5.0.45 and the themes did not need to be unlocked, they simply appeard in DM Automagically

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73
    You know what? I wonder if it may have something to do with me not restarting my pc after I installed DM 4.5? I'll restart and see if that makes a difference.

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73
    I checked again, and they are in the DM!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by fossiltkm View Post
    I checked again, and they are in the DM!
    Hehehe so I guess that reboot worked for you?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    The vendor themes popped up for me in DM 4.5. Much easier than going through and deleting the little lines of text..

mpbushard no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have upgraded my os on my 8320 with some of the betas going around, but decided to downgrade back to 4.2 once my sim card started to fry...now that the betas seem to be more stable I am trying to upgrade once again, but my desktop manager will not recognize the new software on my computer...I have deleted the vendor.xml and it still would not recognize the new os...I further then did a full wipe on my 8320 and deleted the blackberry desktop manager and new os and re installed everything on my computer, and then again deleted the vendor.xml, and still the desktop manager does not recognize the beta os...does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?...am I overlooking something...any help would be appreciated.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    U sure the OS is for the 8320?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mpbushard no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes the OS is for the 8320, I even went back and tried to install a previous beta that I had and it still would not recognize it...

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    I hate to be that guy who keeps on asking the same question over and over, but I really want to get to the bottom of this...

So no one is seeing celldata as an installable app in DM when installing .44? I have it installed on mine and I have no clue what the heck it does.

Anyone??? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    Forgot to mention I have 8310 version of .44
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^ I saw it. I installed it and I didn't see much use for Celldata so I got rid of it.

What about QUINCY? That's freaking me out, I caught it trying to send an email after I did a reset. That's not cool.

PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    Thank you for a response back! I was about to give up on the fine people of pinstack.

From what I know quincy is a tool for the RIM people to find out what bugs are left in the os and send reports accordingly. There is an option to turn it off if you aren't down with that. I still have mine turned on. Does anyone know more about quincy? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LyroTech no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm using 4.5.0.44 beta on my 8320 and it fixed all the problems I had with .37, I also used .42 for a few days and that seemed to work fine also just a bit slow. I'm 3 days and counting using .44 and everything works great no memory leak, stuck VM icon, you tube video stuck on loading screen etc.. etc...

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar View Post
    It doesn't seem so as I ended up loading my thru the independent application launcher.

If you review the thread it seems that while the OS itself works well for most, the install has been a bit bumpy. I ended up bricking and starting from scratch and then it worked. May others have just wiped clean. Either way, back it up and good luck.
    On top of the screen reads: Blackberry Plataform 2.7.0.61
    Error at the end. Now i got:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception

Is on black and white

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    I think I fixed. I run the DM again. I installed what the DM forgot to install. For any reason the upgrade do not have the spanish dictionary (Im in Puerto Rico)

Lets see how its run...