Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

yea but bb maps has its own features that google maps doesn't and vice versa...i ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

yea but bb maps has its own features that google maps doesn't and vice versa...i use both for different purposes.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    The youmail work around works very well.

[quote=yozpalang;767772]
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    I had already posted about the lack of a VM icon when a message is waiting, and it seems many of us (all on T-Mobile?) are suffering from this, even though it seems that those on other carriers who try 4.5.0.42 get their message waiting indicator.

yup i have the same problem with my 8320 as well but I'm using www.youmail.com it is free and it works you will get email every time you have VM you can listen online or call you voice mail.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    I cannot believe that Vodaphone released .37 for the 8100. The camera is useless with this version (white balance problem). Its the same as the beta .37 and has the same bugs. Very odd that this slipped through Vodaphone's testing. I'm starting to believe that cell carriers and phone manufacturers have NO clue how to bug test software.
    So you are saying they released the exact same beta 37 with out any changes well that's dumb and their tech support phone must be off the hook ?????

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    So you are saying they released the exact same beta 37 with out any changes well that's dumb and their tech support phone must be off the hook ?????
    Yup. RIM and Vodaphone just aren't thinking!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Installed last night on my ATT 8310 BB

No issues other then the install took like 40 mins....the phone was a little slow so I did a Memory clean....helped some

the only issue I phone is that its slow going from APP to APP...and sometimes takes a few seconds to answer a call.....but no biggie...I can deal with it

crispypimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243785d8
    I like it but founf that I have to click on any icon more then once for it to open and when trying to play voice files sent using bbm it says buffering and doesn't open. Any clue on how to fix the problem with the blackberry messenger

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    What problem are you having with BlackBerry Messenger?

Quote Originally Posted by crispypimp View Post
    I like it but founf that I have to click on any icon more then once for it to open and when trying to play voice files sent using bbm it says buffering and doesn't open. Any clue on how to fix the problem with the blackberry messenger

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Master the cursor on .37/.42
    ====================
    - Option 1
    1. The trackball is your friend.
    a) Press you trackball in once to jump into a form field.
    b) Press it again to jump out.

- Option 2 -- quick replying using your bb on pinstack.
    2. The trackball once again.
    a) Press it once to lock into the form field.
    b) Roll the track ball down to jump to the end of sentence("reply via bb, wap.pinstack.com ~")
    c) Press the trackball in once or use escape to jump out of form.

hope that helps.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087
    Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    As others have stated, I cannot believe that Vodaphone made 4.5.37 an official release. So far I have found:

- camera is useless (flash and white balance adjustments don't actually adjust)
    - Opera Mini has to ask permission each time its opened, even though I edited all permissions to "allow"
    - red message LED stays on even after reading and deleting all messages
    - need to do battery pulls to fix problems
    - BMail reader was made default reader despite not being marked as such

And most importantly, no real improvements or enhancements to anything. The browser is same, no upgrades to camera, no changes to email.

I'm going back to 4.2 until the bugs are worked out.

If you enable the firewall opera mini stops asking for permission, helps with myalarm too

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Thank you all for the quick reponses. I am running .42 beta right now and have not had too many problems. I will wait for a while before switching.

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    No problems for me at all and i am actually using a beta .42. Faster Curve no issues at all.
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, the only big issue with .42 so far is the missing voice mail icon. I hope there is a fix soon. Also it would be nice to have the speed of .18

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Well, the only big issue with .42 so far is the missing voice mail icon. I hope there is a fix soon. Also it would be nice to have the speed of .18
    Are you using YouMail by any chance? Im also runnin .42 and no issues nor memory leaks.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    How can you have a "controlled public beta testing" when everyone's leaking the software all over the internet? Once it gets leaked somewhere pretty much all control is lost. We heard a while ago about one or two people testing the beta 4.5, next thing you know, so many people are trying to get it it's ridiculous. Errors and all.
    Controlled means you have control over the public testing, much like Microsoft with CTP releases. Of course, if you're closed and a beta is leaked then you loss control over that. So Public + Control is possible but when planed and well done, thing RIM is not able to do or don't want.
    Last edited by DonGato; 06-13-2008 at 05:30 PM.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    You can't be serious... my official 4.2 OS had many bugs and 4.5.0.37 had a few also as you might have already seen in the other discussion threads about this "official" release.

The only difference might be such "void warranty" but that is if you're using an OS provided by your carrier, thing most people here don't do.

I was bug free on my 4.2.2.184. I started noticing all these bugs when I started using betas.