Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Ok looks like every body getting new os but 8320 what have we done wrong?... RIM Handheld OS forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Ok looks like every body getting new os but 8320 what have we done wrong?

JonFuego no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp View Post
    JonFuego:

And so you permanently fried your phone? Mine is dead, even after a wipe and a downgrade. They couldn't bring her back to life.

Luckily I have an older, semi-broken backup that I restored to my newer settings until a new one arrives.

My pretty, gold Blackberry Curve 8320, DOA 6/12/08. Rest in refurbished pieces...

No fried phone at all... Did you talk to RIM? They were able to get me going. The tech said it was somewhat of a known issue (send/no receive I believe he said). He had to do a bit of tinkering to trick their system into thinking my phone had coverage, but it worked. As a bonus, he put me on their UMA watchlist so if I have a problem in the future I don't have to talk to T-Mo, I can call TSupport directly. PM me and I can give you my RIM case # for them to refer to if you want.
    Last edited by JonFuego; 06-13-2008 at 12:45 AM.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    to be honest, i don't know why you are using bbmaps. Google maps is far superior that bbmaps.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    You see there is an after life!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've been using the .37 beta on my 8300 and I only have a couple small bugs like third party icons don't change when I scroll over them which is due to some java error when my phone first starts and a couple times when I've watched a youtube vid other than that I'm pleased with my beta and will just wait until att releases their version

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Currently using 4.5.42os with 4.6DM with media sync 1.0 on the way! Hit me up if you got any questions pin avail. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ok I know someone a few pages back had the problem with .42 resetting icons on the 8310...welp I'm in that boat now too, I had to reset to install something and I noticed it.

For the record, it was the Today Plus theme... maybe that's why they don't allow the download through mobile.blackberry.com. But I'm switching back to the Vodafone theme so it won't bother me anymore.

Still running smooth since about Tuesday though!
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 06-13-2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Added the problem theme
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I cannot believe that Vodaphone released .37 for the 8100. The camera is useless with this version (white balance problem). Its the same as the beta .37 and has the same bugs. Very odd that this slipped through Vodaphone's testing. I'm starting to believe that cell carriers and phone manufacturers have NO clue how to bug test software.

Serpent no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone know how to stop it from resetting over and over when the memory card is inserted? I had to start going without my Micro SD card when .18 came out, and .42 has the same issue.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    The difference between the beta and the official is that there won't be anymore bugs. The official should be problem free.
    You can't be serious... my official 4.2 OS had many bugs and 4.5.0.37 had a few also as you might have already seen in the other discussion threads about this "official" release.

The only difference might be such "void warranty" but that is if you're using an OS provided by your carrier, thing most people here don't do.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    I cannot believe that Vodaphone released .37 for the 8100. The camera is useless with this version (white balance problem). Its the same as the beta .37 and has the same bugs. Very odd that this slipped through Vodaphone's testing. I'm starting to believe that cell carriers and phone manufacturers have NO clue how to bug test software.
    good thing i didnt "upgrade" then

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    I doubt RIM has a good beta testing team either. They seem disorganized. That's the image I get from all this 4.3-4.5 madness. They should have used a controlled public beta testing that with good reporting tools would have been a really good testing ground to solve most issues we see with the OS (including 4.2).

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    I doubt RIM has a good beta testing team either. They seem disorganized. That's the image I get from all this 4.3-4.5 madness. They should have used a controlled public beta testing that with good reporting tools would have been a really good testing ground to solve most issues we see with the OS (including 4.2).
    How can you have a "controlled public beta testing" when everyone's leaking the software all over the internet? Once it gets leaked somewhere pretty much all control is lost. We heard a while ago about one or two people testing the beta 4.5, next thing you know, so many people are trying to get it it's ridiculous. Errors and all.

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    Has anybody been able to get bb maps working? I have a 8310 with att. Thanks
    works on 0.18 and 0.47 without glitches. doesn't work on 0.37.
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As others have stated, I cannot believe that Vodaphone made 4.5.37 an official release. So far I have found:

- camera is useless (flash and white balance adjustments don't actually adjust)
    - Opera Mini has to ask permission each time its opened, even though I edited all permissions to "allow"
    - red message LED stays on even after reading and deleting all messages
    - need to do battery pulls to fix problems
    - BMail reader was made default reader despite not being marked as such

And most importantly, no real improvements or enhancements to anything. The browser is same, no upgrades to camera, no changes to email.

I'm going back to 4.2 until the bugs are worked out.