Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Anyone on a 8300 running .42. I keep getting java errors through BBM, besides that ... RIM Handheld OS forum

PIN/ID
    LESS

Advertisement

Anyone on a 8300 running .42. I keep getting java errors through BBM, besides that everything else is crisp and smooth.

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just wanted to ask you all if you believe the 4.3 or the 4.5 will come out first?

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    the olny thing that i can think of right now is www.youmail.com at list this way we can get our VM till they come up with new beta perhaps .47

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I think I may go back down to .37 if I can find it

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    No VM or BBM problems here.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F

anybody else got OS 4.5.0.42???

Anybody? I love it so far...I love the look and all the added features...but sadly, still no video recorder...but the browser looks better...the media folders and everything looks much better...oh and the media player, nice...I like the color of the menus...black...but I hate that the options menu still has that plain white background...the next os should make it so u can change that...

Anybody else have any input?

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I totally agree with Gary. OS .37 fried my simcard twice in two weeks. You'd better use the original os for 8320, nothing wrong with that and the good thing is THERE IS NO MEMORY LEAKS! This one is one of the reason why your BB running slow.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    TXS,

As posted, suggest you replace that OS ASAP, .37 has proven not to be compatible with UMA and also has destroyed many TMO SIM cards in 8320 devices. ...

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Quick 4.5 Question - data related

I can't seem to get a reply from anyone in the 4.5 discussion thread, so thought I would try here quickly.

My outgoing/incoming data seems to be turned off since I installed .42 on my t-mob 8320. I can't figure out what is causing it, and have resent service books, entered wap settings into TCP, etc. So no Viigo, no weather, no Google Maps, and no e-mail!

Just curious if this is something anyone was able to fix on their own, or if they needed to call t-mob for help. I just think something isn't turned on, as to something won't work with the OS.

I am getting a perfect UMA signal!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I recently upgraded to the .42 and not getting anything like that, but did you do a wipe before upgrading to the .42? That seems to help a lot before upgrading. Also did you try a battery pull? Let me know.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Anyone on a 8300 running .42. I keep getting java errors through BBM, besides that everything else is crisp and smooth.
    I haven't seen any errors in BBM, actually I haven't had any at all. Strange isn't it?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by kashief View Post
    Anybody? I love it so far...I love the look and all the added features...but sadly, still no video recorder...but the browser looks better...the media folders and everything looks much better...oh and the media player, nice...I like the color of the menus...black...but I hate that the options menu still has that plain white background...the next os should make it so u can change that...

Anybody else have any input?
    I don't think the 8100 will get video recording. The hardware just doesn't look up to the task. There was a way to pull it from the 8320 OS but it doesn't seem to work that well.

I had the app loader to a wipe and re-install with the new software, but not a total wipe. I think it's something on the t-mob end, but wasn't sure if I missed a setting.

Done a couple of battery pulls and soft-resets. I am usually pretty proficient with this stuff, but this one has me stumped. I spent a day with people calling me because they weren't getting e-mail responses, and I can't do it again! Luckily I don't have to work until later. My phone has to be off when I am on set working, so this is the most important component for me.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I have a replacement right now and my previous device I had some outgoing/incoming data issues. I would recommend doing the upgrade again and before doing that do a full wipe. That has to fix it because my outgoing/incoming data on my replacement is working fine now so it has to be the upgrade.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    I believe the only 8100 line that will be able to record is the new 8120 and other 81xx ones. The original 8100 just doesn't have the hardware specs to run it.

I did a battery pull and even took out the sim card for a couple of minutes. I just did an OS reinstall, but did not wipe the device first. So no luck.

I am going to have to wipe it and do a reinstall. I am charging my old Curve now, so I can use it while taking care of this one. The old one isn't updated, so this could be interesting!