Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Looks like the download links were taken down. Glad I got it before it went ... RIM Handheld OS forum

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Looks like the download links were taken down. Glad I got it before it went away.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm reallly satisfied with .42, but the ONE thing I'm waiting for is HTML formatting...c'mon BIS 2.5!
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

SuthnGrrl no está en línea Stack level 1
    jbreidel -
    thanks for the info. Can you shoot me an email please? Cherish@austin.rr.com

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

bricked 8310

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    And BTW my UMA worked flawlessley right out of the box and over 50% of my minutes now are over wifi! Enjoy and welcome to the family!
    GarY bricked on the upgrade. jvm error 513. can you give me a link to step by step "unbricking" ? thanks

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Here's my list of bugs found in .42 on my Tmobile 8100:

1) Voicemail indicator stays on constantly. Tmobile has tried everything imaginable to kill the indicator but it just won't go away.

2) Enabling password protection AND content protection will cause the phone to APP ERROR 523. Password only works OK.

3) If closing the Media player while watching a Youtube video, the phone will reboot. Must stop video first to prevent reboot.

4) Media folder shows scanning constantly. With or without my Micro SD card installed. Deleting all files stored solves problem for a few hours then it returns.

5) Hourglasses at odd times. When phone first boots, if I dial a phone number I have trouble ending the call. The keyboard is non responsive for the first minute or so after a reboot. Also, when Google Maps V2.20 is re-drawing the page the hourglassing seriously slows things down. Old V4.5.x versions did not do this.

6) Camera white balance is not self adjusting, so outdoor pictures look totally white. Same issue as on V.37. V.28 did not experience this issue.

7) Voice command does not work if phone is BT tethered to my '08 BMW 3 series. Not sure if this was an issue with previous versions.

I'm sure there's more issues, I just cannot spend more time debugging what RIM should be doing BEFORE they ever let this software out the door to testers. Don't they have any in house testing? If they did, these types of problems could be uncovered quickly and without the embarrassment of a major public company sending junk out to their partners for test.

johnny19 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    guys can someone please help, i installed .42 on my 8100 and everything seems ok, well almost, it seems to have messed up camera, pics in daylight really too bright, almost white and indoors too dark. anyone else having same problem or am i missing something ....

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny19 View Post
    guys can someone please help, i installed .42 on my 8100 and everything seems ok, well almost, it seems to have messed up camera, pics in daylight really too bright, almost white and indoors too dark. anyone else having same problem or am i missing something ....
    It's an OS issue and the only way to fix it's is to upgrade os or downgrade

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny19 View Post
    Oh, thats not the only problem with .42 on the 8100. See my post above for a list that is probably only a smattering of the bugs that will be uncovered in the coming days.... Thanks RIM.

Yes, I understand these are beta versions but in the 1.5 years I've owned my 8100 they've all worked like beta versions. Not sure if this is an 8100 specific issue, but I am thoroughly disappointed in RIM.

ALX22TXS no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243DF00D

Thumbs up fixed the problem

thanks gary that helped alot my phones back to normal
    i realized i didnt do enough research before i started downloading
    i had the .37 when i should of grabbed the .42
    regardless im located on a military base in NC and theres no tmobile stores out here so i cant afford to get my SIM card fried experimenting

anyways thanks garyF good friggin work on your blog

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Yes a company like RIM definately has in housing testers.

I dislike busting someones bubble, but this is still a Beta OS so expect bugs.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    may i also add with .42, I do not need to use TCP settings anymore. The internet works flawlessly without me inputing wap.voicestream.com
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1

Works fine on my 8310

Installed a day ago and have not run into any issues. Camera, video, email, Internet browser various apps all work w/o any problems.

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    So is there a discussion thread for 4.5DM? I just installed it, and when I went to sync, it was trying to sync completely different contacts as one. What gives? How do I wipe the BB clean of contacts without reinstalling 4.5.0.42?

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by budkleppe View Post
    So is there a discussion thread for 4.5DM? I just installed it, and when I went to sync, it was trying to sync completely different contacts as one. What gives? How do I wipe the BB clean of contacts without reinstalling 4.5.0.42?
    Ok where did you get a 4.5 plz

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    Ok where did you get a DM 4.5 plz