Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Serpent Is all of this related to your attempt to use a ... RIM Handheld OS forum

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    Is all of this related to your attempt to use a password?
    I'm looking into that right now. Reloading everything again for the flippin' 3rd time tonight. First thing I'll do is remove the password when it first boots.

I wish JL_CMDER reset the password back to default OFF. I saw a "revert to factory setting" in JL but didn't want to try it since I thought it may screw up something (like my phone being unlocked by Tmo).

Stay tuned!!!

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    Okay so, about 24 hours after installing .42 and its working great.
    I thought I saw a memory leak big time but I think it was just Viigo. I haven't had to do a hard reset, which I used to do every night.
    I'm liking the sure type inprovement.
    I had problems with FaceBook, it wouldn't show up. So I deleted it.
    The Pearls light seems to go off and on. I'm not sure why, and I'm not talking about the colored pearl, I'm just talking about the plain default light.
    When visiting m.youtube.com and watching a video I went to close it and my phone shut off. I tried it again when my phone came back on and it worked fine.
    I love the changes that are in 4.5.
    I would like to add that I have the 8100.
    I think I read some where that the emails would now be in HTML format? Its not happening on my phone. What about everyone else? Or was this not a part of 4.5?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    I'm looking into that right now. Reloading everything again for the flippin' 3rd time tonight. First thing I'll do is remove the password when it first boots.

I wish JL_CMDER reset the password back to default OFF. I saw a "revert to factory setting" in JL but didn't want to try it since I thought it may screw up something (like my phone being unlocked by Tmo).

Stay tuned!!!
    I have it working (for now). First removed the password after the BB came up for the first time with .42. I have everything sync'd with my desktop, icons shuffled around. Google Maps, Opera Mini, all installed. So far no APP ERROR 523.

I just re-enabled the device password but did NOT enable content protection. Did a reboot and it still works OK. No more time to mess with it tonight, but I suspect the problem may have something to do with content protection. Hopefully others can confirm........

BTW, RIM should package these devices in a package shaped like an hourglass. At least users can be prepared for the endless hourglassing.........

Quote Originally Posted by jake.schires View Post
    When visiting m.youtube.com and watching a video I went to close it and my phone shut off. I tried it again when my phone came back on and it worked fine.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had pretty much the same result, except mine reboots every time if I don't stop the video before closing the Media Player. Who is worse, RIM or Micro.....?
    Last edited by claykin; 06-10-2008 at 05:17 AM.

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    I had the exact same result. Who is worse, RIM or Micro.....?
    Has yours done it more than once? Or did it just do it the one time?

Microsoft is by far the worst lol, but I still love it and don't know why. RIM didn't hand us this OS with all the weird little bugs, we found it. Microsoft just hands out a pile of junk for you to by then TRIES to send you updates to fix it. Most of the time my computer can't even install the updates.

Sorry for ranting lol.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I don't have html emails on mine. My sig. speaks for itself.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

louns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267EEF
    I have had .42 on my 8310 for 3 days and even ATT Navigator works.

irombeach no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

RIM Notice copyright infringement

Has yours done it more than once? Or did it just do it the one time?

Microsoft is by far the worst lol, but I still love it and don't know why. RIM didn't hand us this OS with all the weird little bugs, we found it. Microsoft just hands out a pile of junk for you to by then TRIES to send you updates to fix it. Most of the time my computer can't even install the updates.

Sorry for ranting lol.
    More than once. It does it over and over if I close the video while its playing.

I'm not so sure about Microsoft being worse. Maybe RIM didn't hand us these beta versions of the OS, but each and every 8100 release version has been plagued with bugs, slowness and odd crashes/reboots. Maybe they are equally as bad.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think I read some where that the emails would now be in HTML format? Its not happening on my phone. What about everyone else? Or was this not a part of 4.5?
    It's a part of 4.5 but needs BIS 2.5 to work. BIS is at 2.4 revision now in most providers. They are currently upgrading Asia/Pacific platform and most probably other regions will follow.

It seems the release is near but with RIM you never know.

frijolito no está en línea Stack level 3
    daahhh when will they get rid of the LED indicator staying on flashing for missed calls even after you looked at them etc...

Other than that Google Maps still hangs at 90%, upgraded google maps aswell, same thing
    International numptee & Connoisseur of Stella Artois

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    after 24hrs no problems at all im so happy !

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B
    I installed it yesterday morning and far no issues to speak of. I use TMO and installed .42 with desktop software 4.3. It took 45 minutes to install. I have full UMA, no email issues, no messaging issues and the video works like a charm, the internet works quick and smooth, in a nutshell, it is incredibly awesome! I love the way the my faves now show an email icon next to the circle, or missed call next to the circle. The OS is fast fast fast. As far as I can tell, everything is A OK.

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    I don't have html emails on mine. My sig. speaks for itself.
    And you won't get them till they get BIS 2.5 going.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Well still no problems except when I slept last night my battery went from 85% to 50% in a 8 hour period. I can probably live with that. Just thought I would let everybody know and see if anybody else noticed it (I had my profile setting on "quiet").