Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent I upgraded to the .42 and I tried out the things ... RIM Handheld OS forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Thumbs up

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I upgraded to the .42 and I tried out the things you listed.

1. Works fine for me, I can choose both.
    2. Don't have anything like that and can delete prior.
    3. Will try this and do an update!!!!
    4. Way low as in? All 4.5 OS are low, not that low just lower the the original 4.2 OS.
    5. Call fails with UMA has been going on for me since 4.2 OS and it happens with WIFI as well. So this isn't a issue for me at all.

I will get back to you with #3!
    Agreed This new release is awesome!!!

vexvegaz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't think that will help because the SIM gets fried after the upgrade. While you are using it on the daily bases. Not during the upgrade.
    it may not be necessary for this particular issue but it never hurt to take a lil extra precautions.

also..is anyone having issues with wap.pinstack on the bb browser? its drawing blank

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I want to give an update on my use of 8320/4.5.0.42 after 24hrs
    • my bb does not reset. I did have one occasion when my device did not turn on after hibernation and I had to do a battery pull
    • UMA works perfectly with my wireless N router. The networks seems slow today though. Wonder if there is outages
    • I am using empower pro and it works excellent with 4.5
    • my video, camera, and voice notes work great. I have no issues
    • the only issue I see is that my memory (file free) jumps. I have a 10355163 Bytes and then it drops to about 8000000 bytes. I have memory booster and that program says I have 25% memory used. It's weird.
    • my memory card is working just fine. I am using 2g lexar micro
    • my SIM card did not die. The previous os killed it instantly. So it's a great start.
    • I synced it with the new desktop manager 4.5 and i tunes shows up and I can transfer my music and play list now =)
    • my motorola H9 ear piece works like a charm.

I am happy with this release. It is in my opinion the best so far.

If you have Q's ask away. I'll try to catch them all. I'm via bb so bear with me lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by vexvegaz View Post
    it may not be necessary for this particular issue but it never hurt to take a lil extra precautions.

also..is anyone having issues with wap.pinstack on the bb browser? its drawing blank
    I am having network issues. It says page is unavailable and to contact my survice provider. At times pages or site won't even load. I think there is an outage reported and maybe it's more wide spread

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Me and you both ziminvades.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did a JL_Cmder Wipe. Loaded .42 on my 8100. Re sync'd with my desktop. Loaded Google Maps and Opera Mini. Battery pull and re-installed my 256MB Micro SD (which was last formatted with 4.5.0.28). Booted OK. Set BB security password. Did battery pull again and BAM! APP ERROR 523. Tried to remove Micro SD card, but still receiving APP ERROR 523. Just did a JL_CMDER Wipe for the second time today and am reloading .42 again. Hopefully this is not another pile of dung from RIM. Maybe the security features are broken?

********UPDATE********
    Now thats two times with the APP ERROR 523. This time didn't even laod any applications. Did JL_CMDER Wipe. Loaded V.42. Booted, sync'd with desktop. Sent service books. Rearranged some icons and hid Myfaves icons. Power cycled with on/off switch. Did battery pull and there it is, APP ERROR 523. Never had this issue before with other OS versions. Junk, RIM, back to the drawing board!
    Last edited by claykin; 06-10-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: update

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    i was looking at my Documents on my pc and thought it was funny that i have the Tmo current release 4.2.2.180 the .10 .18 .37 and .42 and the DM 4.5 all lined up

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    I used .42 on my 8310 and have gone back to 4.2.2
    Unfortunately I had the same problem that I had with .18 and .37 The BB does not remember the order of the icons and the hidden icons on the home screen. Each time I re-booted everything went back to the way it was when I first installed, making me re-order and re-hide icons. I don't lnow about others, but I am particular about the order. Has anyone else had this issue with any of the 4.5's?
    what theme are you using? it doesnt happen with the L theme or the precision zen theme.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 06-10-2008 at 07:22 AM.

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    i have had my 8320 on .42 for over 24 hours now and i seem to be having no problems like there were with .37 seems lots more stable and much more responsive than previous releases and unlike version .37 uma works like its supposed to.
    as far as i am concerned i think i found my new everyday os
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Ok found a bug! BUT it's minor! Someone already mentioned it on here I think.

It's in profiles! Can't seem to edit vibrate, well I can but it lets me edit when it wants to. Everything else in the profiles seems fine, but let me do a battery pull real quick and see if that will fix it. Even if it doesn't I can live with it because as soon as it lets me into the edit for vibrate, I can edit what I need to and finish wit it.

EDIT: Yup it's a bug! But I did get a chance to edit what I needed to so I'm good. Wont be going back in there for any other editing.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 06-10-2008 at 02:06 AM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    very funny I mean the resets, and the other stuff

Oh, man

you misunderstood me, I was asking the stackers if someone else without tmo happened to have a bad sim.

sorry if I sounded rude.
    Last edited by logicbomb.de; 06-10-2008 at 02:04 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by logicbomb.de View Post
    Oh, man

you misunderstood me, I was asking the stackers if someone else without tmo happened to have a bad sim.

sorry if I sounded rude.
    That's ok you cool man

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think 42 is more.like a 8320 version because we had the most problem with 37 remeber all those burned sims ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Serpent no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by claykin View Post
    Did a JL_Cmder Wipe. Loaded .42 on my 8100. Re sync'd with my desktop. Loaded Google Maps and Opera Mini. Battery pull and re-installed my 256MB Micro SD (which was last formatted with 4.5.0.28). Booted OK. Set BB security password. Did battery pull again and BAM! APP ERROR 523. Tried to remove Micro SD card, but still receiving APP ERROR 523. Just did a JL_CMDER Wipe for the second time today and am reloading .42 again. Hopefully this is not another pile of dung from RIM. Maybe the security features are broken?

********UPDATE********
    Now thats two times with the APP ERROR 523. This time didn't even laod any applications. Did JL_CMDER Wipe. Loaded V.42. Booted, sync'd with desktop. Sent service books. Rearranged some icons and hid Myfaves icons. Power cycled with on/off switch. Did battery pull and there it is, APP ERROR 523. Never had this issue before with other OS versions. Junk, RIM, back to the drawing board!
    Is all of this related to your attempt to use a password?

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah since the betas release the volume on theme are weak. Only the .180 and .184 have nice high volume. That doesn't bother me one bit though.
    For me is the opposite. My volume can be higher now than it could have been with 4.2
    Could it be an 8320 issue?

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast