Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dear all shouldn't there be some way in the world to change the green call ... RIM Handheld OS forum

InGearX no está en línea Stack level 1

PLEASE HELP - how to change green call button?

Advertisement

Dear all shouldn't there be some way in the world to change the green call button on 8703?

To change it or disable it?

All it takes is three presses to it in my pocket for it to call lat person on the list

I am willing to even make my own little hack to change/disable it?

Please advise me on what is possible and easiest way to do it?

Thank you all!

Eagerly awaiting your replies!

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: PLEASE HELP - how to change green call button?

InGearX,

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

InGearX,

If I'm reading your post correctly, you are having problems with your BB making phone calls with out you knowing about it because the call button is somehow getting pushed while it is in your pocket.

Sounds to me like the answer is to lock your keypad before you put it in your pocket. There is a shortcut to do this but I'm not sure what it is on your phone, or you can set the lock in the options. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Dimndbk; 06-12-2007 at 01:34 PM.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tried using the 8703 holster for your 8703?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

If you've disabled dialing from the home screen, hitting the letter K should locK the keyboard on QWERTY devices.

Home screen shortcuts are indicated by the underlined letter of the item's name (in key's alphabetical order):
    • Address Book
    • Browser
    • Compose
    • Memo Pad
    • Profiles
    • Help
    • Lock
    • Calendar
    • Options
    • Enterprise Messenger (Q)
    • Alarm
    • Search
    • Tasks
    • Calculator
    • Saved (messages)
    • WAP Browser
    These are what I have on a Cingular 8800. Your mileage may vary.
    JerryD

Thank you all.

I do have the home screen dialing disabled and often do lock my BB - but sometimes I am busy - or need it evey minute or so and just put it in my pocket and that is when the green dial button is hit 3x and I have just called the last person

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Lock the screen, get a holster, or get bigger clothes. I don't think there is a key re-mapping solution.

how come there is no such flexebility?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by InGearX
    how come there is no such flexibility?
    -

There are 4 dedicated keys on the newer BB, the call button, the menu button, the back/escape button and the End button. None of these have the capability for functionality changes. You need to use the features that have been provided in the device just to prevent what you are experencing.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

I think there are Autolock apps out there for the Pearl. Basically, you set your inactivity timeout and after that time elapses, the keyboard autolocks.

Here's one: http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

Although it might not be 100% foolproof, it should cut down the chances of hitting that key 3 times I would think.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

sorry abt reviving an old thread...but i was looking around to see if I can customize my shortcuts...or assign new ones too..for example i wud like g to open up gmail mailbox and anotehr shortcut for my other mailbox...and i installed a new alarm program and i wud like r to open this one up and not the default alarm.

thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    -

There are 4 dedicated keys on the newer BB, the call button, the menu button, the back/escape button and the End button. None of these have the capability for functionality changes. You need to use the features that have been provided in the device just to prevent what you are experencing.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi
    sorry abt reviving an old thread...but i was looking around to see if I can customize my shortcuts...or assign new ones too..for example i wud like g to open up gmail mailbox and anotehr shortcut for my other mailbox...and i installed a new alarm program and i wud like r to open this one up and not the default alarm.

thanks in advance...
    First, you should have separate icons for each BIS email account you have set up. However, if you're looking for a way to have one to six icons dedicated to specific Web sites, check out Web Shortcuts - OTA.

Download the Shortcut Hub utility, one to six of the Web Shortcuts. Use the hub utility to configure the URL you want to use. There's a line to allow you to use a custom icon in the form of a URL to a .PNG graphic, but I'd advise copying .PNG's to your device's pictures directory (on the device itself or on an SD card) - just name them shortcut1.png for shortcut1, etc... Pulling them down is a drag!

Full info on the utility is here: http://www.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/b2/?p=17
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sorry, you can't change the Home screen shortcuts as far as I know. I suppose it might be possible to create an app to replace the current shortcuts but I'm not sure about that.

Rcbjr

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    First, you should have separate icons for each BIS email account you have set up. However, if you're looking for a way to have one to six icons dedicated to specific Web sites, check out Web Shortcuts - OTA.

Download the Shortcut Hub utility, one to six of the Web Shortcuts. Use the hub utility to configure the URL you want to use. There's a line to allow you to use a custom icon in the form of a URL to a .PNG graphic, but I'd advise copying .PNG's to your device's pictures directory (on the device itself or on an SD card) - just name them shortcut1.png for shortcut1, etc... Pulling them down is a drag!

Full info on the utility is here: http://www.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/b2/?p=17
    thanks...but i knew abt the utility...i am not tryin to create webshortcuts...i have 2 mailboxes as icons on my home screen. but i wud like to be able to create a shortcut for each mailbox (just like m for messages)...say g for gmail and i for some other mailbox. similarly, if i am not able to point "r" to the new alarm program instead of the old default one, can i atleast create a new one?

thanks again for your replies...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I guess I should have been clearer in my previous response. Not only can you not change an Home screen shortcut, you can't create new ones

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast