Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good morning, I downloaded the new .81 OS last week and noticed that I get ... RIM Handheld OS forum

RumpRoast no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone shutting off after .81 upgrade

Advertisement

Good morning,

I downloaded the new .81 OS last week and noticed that I get random shutdowns now. The screen is black and will not respond to any buttons including the power button. The only way to remedy this is to do a battery pull.

I remember downloading pipes after the upgrade so I deleted it thinking that would solve the problem but this morning I woke up to the same thing. I'm trying to see what else I can delete...vlingo, yahoo messenger, google maps but wanted to know if anybody else is experiencing the same issue. Thanks in advance

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    RR, did you do the upgrade with a media card in the device?

RumpRoast no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ro,
    Yes I did, I even tried to format the card afterwards and reloaded my media back on it and got the same problem this morning. I've upgraded from 4.2 to .55,69,71 with the media card in and didn't have any issues but am willing to try it again without the card.

Yeah, give that a try. I think issues are happening more times than they're not with the media card thing. You never know what will trigger the corruption.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I did the 4.5.0.81 upgrade on my 8310 and on my friends 8320 yesterday.

Took all of 25 minutes each and both worked like a charm.

No issues to report yet.

Well done, grasshopper!

Seriously, glad they went smoothly!

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    That's funny , the same thing happened to my wife and I a week ago @ the same times in different locations for the same duration ( an hour ). I don't think it was the upgrade.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I've been having the rebooting problem since upgrading to .81 as well. Totally random, fairly infrequent.... but still a hassle. I have also eliminated my SD card as the problem. It definitely seems to be this upgrade, not device failure or card issue.

PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    My wife runs .69 and it happened to her for an hour straight yesterday. I run .81 and it happened to me twice today. What carrier and devices do you all have? 8320 t-mobile .81 and .69~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I've got 8120 AT&T .81

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I've got 8120 AT&T .81
    gritsinct, what do you mean when you say you eliminated the media card as the problem?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I took the SD card out of the phone for a period of time and it still did the reboot thing even with no SD card inserted. Prior to that I had also reformatted the card to see if that would help. (I'm one of the original group of people that had a rebooting problem when switching from 8100 to 8120 due to card format, so I've been through the drill on how to correct that issue, and tried those steps again for this problem with no luck.) So since it is still rebooting even without the card installed, I deducted that it is not a SD card issue.

PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    It happened to me 5 more times today to me and my wife again!! wtf!! It seems to happen everytime theres an email coming in because as soon as i get it back up i have an email waiting. The only way to get it back on is to either do a battery pull or plug it in. Im thinking is has something to do with the battery or the push email. We've had ours for just about a year now. Could it be that the old battery cant handle the new OS and the new apps??????

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Now that you mention it, every time mine reboots there is email waiting too. Hmmmmm. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yeah, since I've upgraded to .81 mines as been rebooting randomly also. I will reformat the media card and see if it stops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast