is the blackberry OS outdated? i personally dont think so but that being said i ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Outdated?

Advertisement

is the blackberry OS outdated? i personally dont think so but that being said i see alot of people other out there saying that it is and pointing out to the fact that it doesnt have an app store or flash. that being said RIM has already announced that there will be an app store next year in march and flash who knows when that will come out but id guess it will be released before 2010 so you guys tell me is RIM going to screw up all the hard work they have done and go the way of PALM or is there OS ready for the future or will they release a new OS before they get into trouble?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Berry Store is new but still in beta. There was a review done on it recently. I also heard that Flash will not be out anytime soon for the BB.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-22-2008 at 04:59 PM.

and whats your take on the OS?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It could be better. I don't like having to to switch between Page View and Column View to see pages without the scroll bar at the bottom but I'll live with it.

I'm not currently using a device running 4.6 or 4.7 (I have 4.5 on my 8120) so I don't know what the performance of those are like.